President2017 - 2020Sierra Ancha Solutions LLC
- Reduced software development costs by more than 60% while improving quality and shortening the software development lifecycle through process improvements and culture transformation.
- Trained a diverse team on automated testing (unit, end-to-end, and integration) of both front-end and back-end applications, resulting in a significant decrease in production bugs.
- Simplified and automated the deployment (CI/CD) process for a Vue.js UI application hosted on AWS S3.
- Architected and developed solutions leveraging Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
Principal Engineer2017 - 2018Giantgood
Technologies: NoSQL, Firebase, React, Twilio, Node.js, React Native, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Web Applications, Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Architected and developed a React Native photo-sharing/social networking application powered by a Firebase and Google Cloud Platform back end.
- Developed multiple internal applications for customer onboarding, platform management, and product marketing using React, Node.js, and Google Cloud Platform/Firebase.
- Educated the business team on the software development lifecycle, agile, extreme programming, and lean startup methodologies.
Senior UX Engineer2016 - 2017Randstad Technologies
Technologies: Chai, Mocha, Jest, Webpack, NoSQL, CouchDB, React, Cordova, Web Applications, Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Reduced the Webpack build time by ~50% and automated the build of a Cordova hybrid app.
- Implemented unit testing using Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, among others.
- Evangelized TDD and testing automation along with mentoring colleagues in testing.
- Led the UI/UX engineering and design efforts of an ES6 React app.
Developer Experience Anchor (Team Lead)2015 - 2016CSAA Insurance Group
Technologies: Webpack, Jenkins, SonarQube, React, jQuery, Web Components, Node.js, Java, Spring, Web Applications, Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Delivered a highly visible Spring Boot and web components project three months ahead of schedule while mentoring junior developers and evangelizing DevOps.
- Contributed to a DevOps initiative using Grunt, Gradle, Webpack, Jenkins, TravisCI, SonarQube, and testing automation (TDD).
- Led the onboarding of new team members which included culture, process, tech stack, engineering, and best practices.
User Experience Developer2014 - 2016WebPT
Technologies: Express.js, MongoDB, Bootstrap, Angular, Node.js, PHP, Zend Framework, Web Applications, Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Spearheaded the UI/UX development of the flagship feature used by 8,500 clinics that involved compliance requirements, billing, and patient diagnoses as well as a global app UI refactoring.
- Informed the client-side architecture and technology decisions and promoted client-side and front-end best practices.
- Led the development of an internal style guide using AngularJS, Bootstrap, MongoDB, and Express.
- Implemented the rapid prototyping of user experiences while participating in a lean UX process.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2014Riester
Technologies: ASP.NET, Angular, jQuery, Node.js, WordPress, Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Implemented a GitFlow version control strategy which increased developer efficiency and satisfaction.
- Developed advertising/marketing websites for national brands.
- Led the development of a modular product finder WordPress plugin which was used across several client projects/brands.