Verified Expert in Engineering
Matt is a full-stack engineer with a focus on continuous improvement and agile processes. With nearly a decade of experience developing high-impact software for clients ranging from small businesses to nationally recognized brands, Matt's commitment to continuous improvement and love for teaching has increased the quality of digital products as well as the productivity of software teams.
The most amazing...
...thing I've built was a React Native mobile app that leveraged psychology to encourage users to take steps to improve the lives of people around them.
Sierra Ancha Solutions LLC
- Reduced software development costs by more than 60% while improving quality and shortening the software development lifecycle through process improvements and culture transformation.
- Trained a diverse team on automated testing (unit, end-to-end, and integration) of both front-end and back-end applications, resulting in a significant decrease in production bugs.
- Simplified and automated the deployment (CI/CD) process for a Vue.js UI application hosted on AWS S3.
- Architected and developed solutions leveraging Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Architected and developed a React Native photo-sharing/social networking application powered by a Firebase and Google Cloud Platform back end.
- Developed multiple internal applications for customer onboarding, platform management, and product marketing using React, Node.js, and Google Cloud Platform/Firebase.
- Educated the business team on the software development lifecycle, agile, extreme programming, and lean startup methodologies.
Senior UX Engineer
- Reduced the Webpack build time by ~50% and automated the build of a Cordova hybrid app.
- Implemented unit testing using Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, among others.
- Evangelized TDD and testing automation along with mentoring colleagues in testing.
- Led the UI/UX engineering and design efforts of an ES6 React app.
Developer Experience Anchor (Team Lead)
CSAA Insurance Group
- Delivered a highly visible Spring Boot and web components project three months ahead of schedule while mentoring junior developers and evangelizing DevOps.
- Contributed to a DevOps initiative using Grunt, Gradle, Webpack, Jenkins, TravisCI, SonarQube, and testing automation (TDD).
- Led the onboarding of new team members which included culture, process, tech stack, engineering, and best practices.
User Experience Developer
- Spearheaded the UI/UX development of the flagship feature used by 8,500 clinics that involved compliance requirements, billing, and patient diagnoses as well as a global app UI refactoring.
- Informed the client-side architecture and technology decisions and promoted client-side and front-end best practices.
- Led the development of an internal style guide using AngularJS, Bootstrap, MongoDB, and Express.
- Implemented the rapid prototyping of user experiences while participating in a lean UX process.
- Implemented a GitFlow version control strategy which increased developer efficiency and satisfaction.
- Developed advertising/marketing websites for national brands.
- Led the development of a modular product finder WordPress plugin which was used across several client projects/brands.
Serverless Nightly Email Process
Social Network and Photo-sharing App | React Native
I architected and implemented a back end leveraging Google's Serverless offerings as well as Google Cloud Platform Compute, Firebase, Twilio, and Cloudinary. On the front end, I developed a React Native application with geolocation, photo upload, direct messaging, deep linking, and other features commonly associated with social networking applications.
Healthcare Billing Platform UI Architecture
Medical Billing Module for an EMR SaaShttp://www.webpt.com
Messaging App MVP
React Native iOS/Android Audio Streaming App
React Native, Flux, Redux, AngularJS, Jest, Spring, Angular, Bootstrap, Express.js, ASP.NET
React, REST APIs, API Development, Node.js, Vue 2, Vue, React Redux, jQuery
GitHub, Git, Webpack, Jenkins
Continuous Integration (CI), REST, Automation, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Extreme Programming, Agile, Web Architecture, Microservices Architecture, DevOps
WordPress, Firebase, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Twilio, iOS
API Integration, APIs, Front-end, UI Components, Web Applications, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Leadership, Empathy, Agile Coaching, Technical Leadership, Web Components, Cloud Services, SaaS, Google Play Store, Serverless, Amazon Kinesis, Gatsby, Cordova, Push Notifications
NoSQL, Cloud Firestore, MongoDB, CouchDB