- CTOIntegrations.io2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Node.js, AWS Lambda, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Planned and built a majority of the code for an eCommerce integrations platform allowing data to come in to Integrations.io and be routed to supported third party systems without any additional code being written.
- Used Ember.js to build the client-facing dashboard where business logic is defined visually.
- Architected the Ruby on Rails API and separation of code between multiple Ruby Gems.
- Investigated and implemented Swagger.io for client-facing documentation.
- Leveraged AWS Lambda to ensure scaling problems would never be caused by the web server being unable to keep up. Implemented failovers in the AWS Lambda functions to ensure when other systems are unresponsive or failing data will never be lost.
- Lead DeveloperBuildRX2009 - PRESENT
Technologies: PHP, Ruby on Rails, iOS (Objective-C & Swift)
- Led development on projects for clients such as Amazon, Universal Music, True Religion Brand Jeans, Swarovski, 50 Cent, and many more.
- Built eCommerce stores on Magento, Spree, and Shopify - both independently and as a Team Lead.
- Made numerous contributions back to open source software that was used for company projects.
- Director of EngineeringToptal2016 - 2017
Technologies: Large variety of technologies
- Worked with clients to understand exactly what they need in a developer and find the right compromises where necessary to fit skill set, budget, location, and other client requirements.
- Worked with my team to resolve infrequent issues which arose between developers and clients.
- Quickly familiarized myself at a high level with a very large variety of technologies to ensure I was always able to understand a client's exact needs and how to help them better.
- Developer ScreenerToptal2016 - 2016
Technologies: Various programming languages
- Worked as part of the team screening Toptal developers to ensure Toptal delivered on it's promise of the world's best talent (top 3%).
- Helped contribute internally via regular team meetings and different initiatives to make sure the screening process was constantly improving.
- Senior Magento DeveloperDemac Media2014 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, Magento
- Led the construction of a fully functional, multi-node inventory system in Magento that is being used by several large online retailers.
- Built and maintained several Magento stores.
- Developed the architecture and proof of concept for a highly available and scalable Redis implementation with Magento for a government agency.
- Collaborated with others establishing company wide coding standards and automated code quality testing.
- Released the company's first open source project.