- Lead DeveloperBuildRX2009 - PRESENT
Technologies: PHP, Ruby on Rails, iOS (Obj-c & Swift)
- Led development on projects for clients such as Amazon, Universal Music, True Religion Brand Jeans, Swarovski, 50 Cent, and many more.
- Built e-commerce stores on Magento, Spree, and Shopify - both independently and as a Team Lead.
- Made numerous contributions back to open source software that was used for company projects.
- Director of EngineeringToptal2016 - 2017
Technologies: This was a client facing role that involved high level discussions around a very large variety of technologies.
- Worked with clients to understand exactly what they need in a developer and find the right compromises where necessary to fit skillset, budget, location and other client requirements.
- Worked with my team to resolve infrequent issues which arose between developers and clients.
- Quickly familiarized myself at a high level with a very large variety of technologies to ensure I was always able to understand a client's exact needs and how to help them better.
- Developer ScreenerToptal2016 - 2016
Technologies: I screened developers using their programming language of choice.
- Worked as part of the team screening Toptal developers to ensure Toptal delivered on it's promise of the world's best talent (top 3%).
- Helped contribute internally via regular team meetings and different initiatives to make sure the screening process was constantly improving.
- Senior Magento DeveloperDemac Media2014 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, Magento
- Led the construction of a fully functional, multi-node inventory system in Magento that is being used by several large online retailers.
- Built and maintained several Magento stores.
- Developed the architecture and proof of concept for a highly available and scalable Redis implementation with Magento for a government agency.
- Collaborated with others establishing company wide coding standards and automated code quality testing.
- Released the company's first open source project.