CTO2020 - 2020TakeoffDB
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Ruby, AWS Kinesis, Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS
- Reduced customer query latencies from 10s of seconds to 100s of milliseconds.
- Backed by YCombinator, participating in the winter 2020 batch.
- Designed and built an automated cache, which plugged directly into customer databases, streamed changes, and incrementally updated views of otherwise expensive queries.
Software Engineer2018 - 2020
Technologies: SQL, Java, AngularJS, TypeScript
- Assisted in the product area: Actions on Google, Google’s 3rd-party development platform.
- Organized, designed, and directed the build of a configuration-driven platform to customize partner development experience for category needs.
- Designed and built tools and services for 3rd-party developers to simulate and test their integrations with Google.
- Received outstanding performance reviews that indicated "strongly exceeds expectations."
Principal2018 - 2018Fulton Software
- Offered services ranging from software architecture, to software engineering, to DevOps, to light UI/UX.
- Built warehouse management software, including scanner and printer integrations.
- Executed design sprints and build outs of MVPs for early stage products.
CTO2015 - 2018Sail (Acquired)
- Architected, designed, and built products from the ground up.
- Managed a team of ten, from hiring through day-to-day operations.
- Set company and product strategy with other members of the leadership team.
Lead Growth Engineer2013 - 2015Roadtrippers
- Led the growth team from concept through implementation, reporting to COO, resulting in 12x user growth during my tenure.
- Reduced search latency by an order of magnitude by migrating from PostgreSQL full-text search to an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Built growth features, along with regular features using Rails, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL, and Elasticsearch.