- Chief Technical Officer2012 - PRESENTOUTR Technologies, LLC
- Managed client relationships with several clients around the world.
- Created complete web-based systems for clients like ProjectSpeaker.com.
- Handled white-label work for software development companies providing assistance to deliver support for their development needs.
- Created custom frameworks to streamline development workflow for client software development.
- Integrated software development to bridge internal software platforms for various clients.
- Senior / Lead Developer2011 - 2012Overstock.com
Technologies: Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Oracle DB, MySQL
- Improved modularity of software and enhanced site maintenance methodologies by directing a complete transformation of the main website architecture.
- Maintained a consistently exceptionally high rate of code output to drive rapid development, while defining clear and concise architecture for further development.
- Increased performance and reduced costs by modularizing website functionality and simplifying all development team efforts.
- Improved the website architecture development and planning process significantly, expediting the development rate and delivering a much more powerful web presence.
- Delivered dynamic support and team leadership, ensuring seamless payment transaction management for credit cards and third-party payment methods.
- Spearheaded the creation of an emerging business unit to compete with other discount online retailers, mentor personnel, and define project infrastructure.
- Chief Architect / Director of I.T.2008 - 2011iMirus
Technologies: Scala, Java, Flex, ActionScript, PostgreSQL
- Recruited and mentored technical personnel. Managed professional advancement of developers utilizing new technologies.
- Handled architecture planning and implementation, spearheading technology decisions related to programming and ensuring the highest possible performance consistency.
- Maintained a Flex-based digital magazine reader, corporate web sites, and server-side software.
- Delivered a 50% increase in new clients by enabling digital magazine purchases through websites of external companies by developing an innovative new web service in Scala.
- Secured ongoing healthy relationships with many existing and current clients by managing the creation of unique Android and iPhone applications. This successfully avoided a loss of at least 50% of existing clients and had a direct positive impact on increasing the growth rate of new clients.
- Enabled a five times improved performance and high-performance distributed processing system by rewriting the internal system responsible for converting PDF into digital magazines.
- Slashed the labor burden by $240,000 and enabled four digital edition representatives to increase workload by 300% by rewriting a production system to boost efficiency and the automation required for publishing a digital magazine.
- Updated the iMirus Viewer product (Flex) significantly, encompassing new search functionality, print, complete re-write of the page-turning book, and other substantial innovations.
- Developed back-end servlets for support of internal technologies.
- Assisted with growth into new revenue streams, generating $200,000 in first-year growth.
- Senior Java Developer2006 - 2008The Williams Companies, Inc.
Technologies: Java, JSF, Oracle DB, JPA, AspectJ, Tomcat, JBoss Server
- Handled maintenance and integrity of several externally-facing websites utilizing Tapestry, and replacing two existing externally-facing websites with new sites written in Java (JSPs and Servlets).
- Led architecture planning, provided hands-on coaching, and mentored other Java developers.
- Mentored other Java developers and led architecture planning.
- Created an internal workflow system utilizing a personally authored open-source jSeamless web framework.
- Spearheaded conversion of functionalities to Java from ASP and other languages.
- Maintained an existing Tapestry externally-facing web site.
- Replaced two existing externally-facing web sites with new sites written in Java (JSP/Servlets).
- Created and maintained internal applications for knowledge management, marketing and tracking, customer information, and other requirements through the jSeamless framework.
- Improved accuracy and reduced excess staffing by creating workflow scheduling systems.
- Senior Developer2005 - 2006Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Technologies: Java, Oracle DB, JSF, Tomcat, Swing
- Developed multiple new projects and prototypes to improve overall FAA infrastructure.
- Developed a new J2EE Dashboard application as a launching point and security framework for all AVN applications, replacing the legacy ASP version.
- Met compliance requirements for a wide range of classified applications critical to FAA operation by integrating Oracle Oblix security framework in FAA internal applications.
- Achieved visual tracking in a scalable representation by creating a geospatial positioning prototype for classified FAA projects.
- Mentored other developers and assisted in various projects across multiple teams within the FAA.
- Lead Java Developer2004 - 2005International Environmental Corporation
Technologies: Java, Microsoft SQL, Oracle DB, MySQL, Tomcat, JSF
- Spearheaded the transition of Microsoft-developed projects to Java and maintained all internal databases.
- Coached and mentored developers to raise overall performance expectations and output.
- Provided security, updates, and a collaboration foundation for all internal applications by developing a robust platform and Swing-based application framework.
- Reduced data entry personnel costs by $450,000 and increased the performance of several internal teams by creating a new application infrastructure.
- Enabled dissolution of the entire corporate department by creating a new platform for internal applications, facilitating intercommunication between divisions and automating the entire process.
- Web Programmer II2003 - 2004Creative Labs, Inc.
Technologies: Java, J2EE, Hibernate, EJB, Microsoft SQL, Oracle DB, JSP
- Managed development and maintenance of Java applications for mission critical projects, including full technical and functional documentation with use cases and UML diagrams.
- Collaborated with the programming team on call-tracking, order entry, and rebate management projects.
- Led policy/development meetings and developed policies on documentation and project creation standards.
- Led J2EE development of Tomcat 3.3 and 5 for internal web applications, frequently involving creation of custom tag libraries, JSPs, Servest, and EJBs.
- Enabled the licensing of the software and rebate team to other companies by creating a new income stream for the rebate system.
- Created and implemented a SQL-stored procedure versioning system with integration into CVS.
- President, Owner1999 - 2003Sunset Technologies, Inc.
- Created Sunset Technologies, Inc. Handled all client prospecting and conducted on-site sales visits to personally close business deals.
- Transitioned client websites from SSI and Perl to JSP and Servest with high utilization of custom tag libraries and all products from Perl to Java applications and Java web applications.
- Developed eCommerce sites for clients, including logo design and complete IT support.
- Managed a team of developers and sales people to support client needs.