Consultant2016 - PRESENTQualMet
Technologies: Go, React.js, MySQL, AWS
- Helped customers to scope projects starting from the concept to the user journeys and wireframes through to implementation.
- Acted as the sole back-end developer for the project; it was deployed successfully and used by numerous high profile Fortune 100 clients. The project also went on to become a finalist in the ABA Techshow's Startup Alley.
- Mentored front-end developers on React.js and D3.js due to the fact that he application made extensive use of D3.js for visualizations.
- Handled the operations on the application which was deployed to AWS.
Consultant2016 - 2017Dentons
Technologies: Clojure, ClojureScript, React.js, Elasticsearch
- Successfully delivered a global referral network application for Dentons (the world’s largest law firm) in a short time period (4 months) that was also presented at their Global Partner summit. The project was high profile and had strict time constraints; they were pleased with the results as I was asked to fly to Paris to demo it to the global partners.
- Used React.js with Clojure to deliver the referral network application.
- Implemented a feature in the app for the rapid search of lawyers, law firms, and practices; used Elasticsearch.
- Guided the client through abstract concepts in order for the referral network to be broken down into a workable project plan and proceeded to meet the project on time (by the partner summit) and on budget.
Consultant2016 - 2016Loyal3
Technologies: Go, React.js, AWS
- Built a stock rewards system using the Loyal3 IPO platform for T-Mobile; they wanted to distribute shares of T-Mobile as of their T-Mobile Tuesday initiative. The project had high visibility and strict time constraints; if Loyal3 was not able to deliver the rewards program by a specific time, it would not be included in the T-Mobile Tuesday initiative.
- Was contacted and ultimately worked as the sole back-end developer for the project due to the fact that the Loyal3 engineers had previously determined they would be unable to adapt the IPO platform to deliver the rewards functionality in the time and scale requested by T-Mobile.
- Utilized my back-end skills to ensure that the project passed T-Mobile’s acceptance testing (including load testing) and went on to launch successfully on time and on budget.
- Wrote a stock rewards system that was integrated in real time with T-Mobile Tuesday's reward fulfillment engine. The reward system involved creating a stock fulfillment and distribution system, cash management and transfer features, along with reporting for Loyal3, a FINRA-regulated company.
- Delivered a horizontally scalable solution that was tested at 1 million stock redemptions per hour using entirely cloud technologies. Both the server and the database were dynamically scaled to meet burstable traffic requirements.
- Assisted Loyal3 in closing the project with T-Mobile.
- Presented a strategy to T-Mobile of how the system would be able to scale and meet their delivery timeline requirements. Ultimately, T-Mobile felt comfortable and greenlit the project.
Consultant2015 - 2015DealerSocket
Technologies: AngularJS, React.js
- Reviewed the new architecture due to the fact that the project had already failed twice prior to my arrival. The client was looking to refresh the user interface for a .NET product that had been around since the early 2000's.
- Aided the UI teams in defining the architecture that enabled a modern Angular app to communicated with a legacy .NET application.
CTO2009 - 2015Loyal3
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Scala, React.js, Docker, AWS
- Led the team in scoping, designing, and then implementing the initial stock-trading platform. The platform was written in Ruby on Rails and the system was responsible for managing both trades and customer funds and was subject to FINRA regulations.
- Managed the conversion of the Rails code to Scala due to performance as part of a due diligence effort by Goldman Sachs. The effort was a success and we passed all the performance metrics laid out by Goldman and ultimately went on to partner with them on numerous IPOs.
- Converted a monolithic Scala app to a series of microservices; development within the monolith was slowing significantly as the build times along with an aging codebase led to reduced developer productivity.
- MIgrated a user interface from server-side generated HTML to React.js.
Senior Directory of Technology2006 - 2008Salesforce
- Arrived at Salesforce by way of acquisition.
- Managed all the marketing-related functionality within Salesforce.
- Was instrumental in the conversion of Salesforce from a traditional waterfall approach to agile (scrum).
Founder2006 - 2006Kieden
Technologies: Java, MySQL
- Founded and worked as the sole developer for Kieden, a marketing automation company acquired by Salesforce in 2006.
- Chose the entire technology stack including operations.
- Developed the entire application in Java.
- Integrated with both the Google and Salesforce APIs to manage ads in real time.