Vice President of Engineering2012 - PRESENTAir Computing, Inc.
- Worked at Air Computing Inc.: the maker of AeroFS and more recently Amium. Funded by Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Avalon Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
- Led the engineering team (15+ team members); contributed in many areas including systems architecture, development (back-end, infrastructure, front-end), product design, product management, sales, marketing, customer support, and hiring.
- Started there originally an early engineer (employee #5). Developed features across the stack.
Software Engineering Intern2011 - 2011Sandvine
Technologies: C/C++, FreeBSD
- Worked at Sandvine: a B2B networking equipment company that focuses on network policy control.
- Worked on the Policy Traffic Switch (embedded C/C++ development on BSD).
- Developed and was responsible for new features in the Sandvine Policy Engine and the new Sandvine CLI.
Research Assistant2010 - 2011University of Waterloo
Technologies: Java, Neural Networks
- Developed algorithms for identifying changes in human motion during sports training and rehabilitation using stochastic modeling.
- Created new mathematical tools for electromagnetic detection using neural networks and implemented in Java.
Firmware Engineering Intern2010 - 2010Nuvation
Technologies: C/C++, Java
- Worked for Nuvation: a product design and electronic development services company.
- Designed and implemented features on embedded systems and server clusters (with database), written in C.
- Developed a custom Java desktop client.
Electrical Engineering Intern2010 - 2010COM DEV
Technologies: Verilog, C/C++
- Worked for COM DEV: a contractor for the Canadian Space Agency.
- Designed digital hardware systems (using Verilog) for use in the RADARSAT Constellation Mission on radiation hardened Actel FPGAs and Xilinx Virtex 4 FPGAs.
Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2009Sandvine
Technologies: C/C++, Bash, Tcl
- Developed software in C/C++, Bash, and Tcl to support the manufacturing team.
- Maintained the hardware test infrastructure for the PTS14K platform (the flagship product at the time).
Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2008Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Technologies: Microsoft Access, VBA, C#
- Worked for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority; it operates Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Worked in the utilities department, developing and maintaining database applications used to automate various billing operations.