C++ Developer in San Carlos, CA, United States
Engineering Manager2018 - PRESENT
Technologies: C/C++, Java, PHP, Python
- Supported a team of engineering working on a real-time infrastructure.
CTO | Vice President of Engineering2017 - 2018Redbooth
- Supported a geographically distributed 50+ person engineering team.
Vice President of Engineering2012 - 2017AeroFS
- Created collaboration products including a hybrid centralized/decentralized on-premise file sharing platform.
- Assisted the CEO and investors with the acquisition by Redbooth.
Software Engineering Intern2011 - 2011Sandvine
- Worked at Sandvine: a B2B networking equipment company that focuses on network policy control.
Research Assistant2010 - 2011University of Waterloo
- Developed algorithms for identifying changes in human motion during sports training and rehabilitation using stochastic modeling.
- Created new mathematical tools for electromagnetic detection using neural networks and implemented in Java.
Firmware Engineering Intern2010 - 2010Nuvation
Technologies: C/C++, Java
- Worked for Nuvation: a product design and electronic development services company.
Electrical Engineering Intern2010 - 2010COM DEV
Technologies: Verilog, C/C++
- Worked for COM DEV: a contractor for the Canadian Space Agency.
Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2009Sandvine
Technologies: C/C++, Bash, Tcl
- Developed software in C/C++, Bash, and Tcl to support the manufacturing team.
Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2008Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Technologies: VBA, C#
- Worked for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority which operates the Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Redbooth (Development)https://redbooth.com/
Organized work makes better teams. Redbooth helps teams manage tasks and communication so projects get completed faster and easier.
- AeroFS (Development)
The AeroFS Private Cloud is an on-premise, file sync and share solution. Like Dropbox, but deployed on our customer's infrastructure.
- CodeEval (Development)https://github.com/mpillar/codeeval
CodeEval is a “hacker ranking” website. At one point, my solutions ranked in the top 10 (out of about 20,000 contestants).
- CircuitSense (Development)https://github.com/mpillar/circuitsense
CircuitSense is a mobile application that converts a picture of a hand-drawn circuit schematic to a netlist (a text-based representation of a circuit), and allows the user to perform electrical simulations. It can be thought of as the handwriting recognition equivalent for circuits.
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Electrical Engineering2007 - 2012University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada