Data Scientist2018 - 2019The University of Colorado — Office of Data Analytics
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Scikit-learn, PySpark, Keras, Jupyter, Zeppelin, Oracle Database
- Performed statistical analyses and modeling in support of student success.
- Created and presented findings and visualizations to high-level administrators with Jupyter and Zeppelin.
- Developed a Monte Carlo simulation-based model to predict semester-by-semester student retention.
- Built a Bayesian model of reoffense after student misconduct.
- Modeled the effects of different kinds of Financial Aid with XGBoost.
- Created a model to predict student GPAs with Scikit-learn and Keras.
Data Engineer2017 - 2018NOMI Beauty
Technologies: Python, Pandas, MySQL, PySpark, Kafka, Cassandra, AWS, Altair, Jupyter
- Designed and supported ETL from Couchbase to MySQL using Python.
- Architected a big data pipeline with Spark, Kafka, and Cassandra.
- Built data dashboards in Tableau for the operations team.
- Designed an ETL for survey data from Typeform's API into MySQL.
- Created reports in Jupyter notebooks with data visualizations in Python with Altair and Seaborn.
- Designed and implemented a database schema in MySQL.
Data Science and Blockchain Integration Consultant2017 - 2017Tanktwo, Inc.
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Hyperledger, AWS
- Architected a Blockchain-based solution for managing IoT devices and the data they generate.
- Create a demo of a potential network using Hyperledger.
- Simulated a private blockchain network in action using Python.
- Helped present a demo to the VCs.
- Conducted research on the optimal Blockchain implementation to suit business needs.
Data Science Consultant2014 - 2017Hospital for Special Surgery
Technologies: Python, NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Plotly, Jupyter, PyEEG, Scikit-learn
- Analyzed biosignal data with a Python data suite (NumPy, Pandas, and SciPy).
- Reverse-engineered an undocumented file format containing biosignal data.
- Extracted data from an undocumented file format to CSVs.
- Visualized biosignal data with Plotly.
- Investigated using Higuchi Fractal Dimension of nerve conduction readings taken during surgery as a means of assessing potential damage.
- Attempted to classify nerve conduction readings as indicating injury or anesthesia response using Scikit-learn.
- Used Scikit-learn to classify nerve-stimulation trials. Did feature engineering, hyperparameter optimization using Grid Search and Random Search.
- Looked at feature distribution of different types of nerve readings taken during surgery to discriminate injuries from healthy responses to anesthesia.
Natural Language Processing Consultant2015 - 2015New York City Department of Administrative Services
Technologies: NLTK, Python
- Scraped PDFs with Python in order to help digitize the back catalog for a publication, The City Record.
- Helped design a schema for entries (such as extracting addresses).
- Created data cleaning regimens to standardize entries from over a hundred city agencies that all reported in different formats.
- Used Python and NLTK to perform exploratory Natural Language Processing on a century-long corpus of publications.
- Worked to integrate this pipeline into MS Access.
Integration and Development Consultant2013 - 2014Broadband Technologies Group
Technologies: Python, OpenCV
- Provided computer vision-based assistance for digitizing video archives.
- Used OpenCV and Python to tag damaged video areas.
- Implemented Python to automatically fix certain types of damaged videoes.
- Helped architect an Android application to deliver simultaneous subtitles for live performances.
- Prepared presentations with Jupyter.
Research Assistant2008 - 2013Hunter College
Technologies: SPSS, Python, Pandas, SciPy
- Designed and validated a novel psychometric scale.
- Analyzed survey data in SPSS.
- Presented findings at research conferences.
- Maintained relationships with the lab after graduation, eventually moving from data analysis to Python.
- Worked on the publication of older data.
Summer Research Assistant2009 - 2010Yale School of Medicine
Technologies: SPSS, Presentation, DMDX
- Designed and piloted a small study investigating psychopathic traits and behavior during an ultimatum game.
- Analyzed GSR data.
- Ran research participants through computer-based tasks in a presentation and DMDX.
- Analyzed data from surveys and computer-based tasks.
- Built and maintained a database of participants.