Data Science Consultant2013 - PRESENTOphidian Scientific
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Keras, XGBoost, Random Forests, Spark, Database Design, Experimental Design, Clojure, Docker, Jupyter, Time Series, AWS, Pandas, SQL, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Operations Research, Data Visualization, ETL, Scientific Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Data Science, Python
- Assisted numerous small clients with data-related work, ranging from data science and analysis, data engineering, and machine learning engineering.
- Designed and built ETL pipelines in Python, Dask, and Prefect.
- Oversaw the migrations between Google Sheets and Airtable. Airtable automation was execued in Python.
- Used operations research libraries in Python to optimize teams for the sports betting website FanDuel.
- Built a natural language processing (NLP) classifier for an article archive of a finance-based publication.
Data Scientist & Data Architect2021 - 2021Birch Infrastructure
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), BigQuery, Data Building Tool (DBT), Prefect, Python, Serverless
- Assisted with architect data infrastructure for a utility-scale renewable energy and data center company.
- Created data pipelines with Prefect, mostly stitching together Google Cloud Functions and Cloud Run jobs.
- Managed BigQuery data warehouse with dbt, made table schemas and transformations.
- Set up data infrastructure (including Prefect and dbt).
Senior Data Scientist2018 - 2019The University of Colorado — Office of Data Analytics
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), XGBoost, Random Forests, Experimental Design, Data Visualization, Time Series, AWS, SQL, Data Science, Machine Learning, Oracle Database, Zeppelin, Jupyter, Keras, PySpark, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Python
- Performed statistical analyses and modeling to support student success and helped establish practices during a restructuring of the university’s office of data analytics.
- Created and presented findings and visualizations to high-level administrators with Jupyter and Zeppelin.
- Developed a Monte Carlo simulation-based model to predict semester-by-semester student retention.
- Built a Bayesian model of re-offense after student misconduct.
- Modeled the effects of different kinds of financial aid with XGBoost.
- Created a model to predict student GPAs with scikit-learn and Keras.
- Helped establish practices during a restructuring of the university’s office of data analytics.
Data Engineer2017 - 2018NOMI Beauty
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spark, Database Design, Data Visualization, SQL, Jupyter, Simulations, AWS, Cassandra, Apache Kafka, PySpark, MySQL, Pandas, Python
- Designed and built the data infrastructure for a startup that made it easier to book hair-&-makeup appointments in hotel rooms.
- Architected a big data pipeline with Spark, Kafka, and Cassandra.
- Built data dashboards in Tableau for the operations team.
- Designed an ETL for survey data from Typeform's API into MySQL.
- Created reports in Jupyter notebooks with data visualizations in Python with Altair and Seaborn.
- Designed and implemented a database schema in MySQL.
- Designed and supported ETL from Couchbase to MySQL using Python.
Data Science and Blockchain Integration Consultant2017 - 2017Tanktwo, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter, Data Visualization, Time Series, AWS, Hyperledger, Pandas, Python
- Architected a blockchain-based solution for managing IoT devices and the data they generate.
- Create a demo of a potential network using Hyperledger.
- Simulated a private blockchain network in action, using Python.
- Helped present a demo to the venture capitalists who were looking to invest.
- Conducted research on optimal blockchain implementation to suit business needs.
Data Science Consultant2014 - 2017Hospital for Special Surgery
Technologies: Experimental Design, Data Visualization, Time Series, Data Science, Machine Learning, Scikit-learn, PyEEG, Jupyter, Plotly, SciPy, Pandas, NumPy, Python
- Worked on data science topics in a neurology lab that investigated intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring (IONM)—monitoring muscles and nerves during surgery to prevent damage.
- Reverse-engineered an undocumented file format containing biosignal data.
- Attempted to classify nerve conduction readings as indicating injury or anesthesia response using Scikit-learn.
- Visualized biosignal data with Plotly and presented findings.
- Investigated using Higuchi Fractal Dimension of nerve conduction readings taken during surgery as a means of assessing potential damage.
- Analyzed biosignal data with a Python data suite (NumPy, Pandas, and SciPy).
Natural Language Processing Consultant2015 - 2015New York City Department of Administrative Services
Technologies: Jupyter, Data Visualization, Data Science, Machine Learning, Python, NLTK
- Scraped PDFs with Python to help digitize the back catalog for a publication, The City Record.
- Helped design a schema for entries (such as extracting addresses).
- Created data cleaning regimens to standardize entries from over a hundred city agencies reported in different formats.
- Used Python and NLTK to perform exploratory natural language processing (NLP) on a century-long corpus of publications.
- Worked to integrate a pipeline into their MS Access.
Integration and Development Consultant2013 - 2014Broadband Technologies Group
Technologies: Jupyter, Data Visualization, OpenCV, Python
- Provided computer vision-based assistance for digitizing video archives.
- Used OpenCV and Python to tag damaged video areas.
- Implemented Python to automatically fix certain types of damaged videoes.
- Helped architect an Android application to deliver simultaneous subtitles for live performances.
- Prepared presentations with Jupyter.
Research Assistant2008 - 2013Hunter College
Technologies: Experimental Design, Data Visualization, Data Science, SciPy, Python, SPSS
- Designed and validated a novel psychometric scale.
- Analyzed survey data in SPSS.
- Presented findings at research conferences.
- Maintained relationships with the lab after graduation, eventually moving from data analysis to Python.
- Worked on the publication of older data.
Summer Research Assistant2009 - 2010Yale School of Medicine
Technologies: Experimental Design, Data Visualization, Data Science, DMDX, SPSS
- Designed and piloted a small study investigating psychopathic traits and behavior during an ultimatum game.
- Analyzed GSR data.
- Ran research participants through computer-based tasks in a presentation and DMDX.
- Analyzed data from surveys and computer-based tasks.
- Built and maintained a database of participants.