Verified Expert in Engineering
Matthew is a seasoned full-stack developer with expertise in web applications, database architecture, and cryptography. His professional experience includes extensive consulting with Fortune 500 companies, as well as in-depth R&D work to find modular, scalable solutions for developing businesses. He is a professional information technology consultant passionate about improving developer tools and advancing industry standards.
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on was a real-time pipeline simulation for vetting industrial control system vendors.
- Designed and developed a decentralized hosting network based on Holochain technology.
- Created a bootstrapping worker for connecting web agents to decentralized Hosts.
- Supported ed25519 key management using Rust compiled to WASM.
- Designed and documented decentralized architecture.
- Designed cross-origin communication library for iframe to parent synchronization.
Procter & Gamble
- Wrote a scanner for discovering assets across many industrial networks.
- Analyzed network packets using Wireshark to discover undocumented functionality in EtherNet/IP and CIP.
- Created a web API for aggregating reports from remote scanning units.
- Designed alternative debugging methods for analyzing failures in remote private networks.
- Designed and built remote backup and estore scripts for SQL Server.
- Created an authentication service for validating user credentials.
- Optimized database queries for aggregating large datasets and generating reports.
- Created a system for managing and authorizing temporary volunteers to submit field data.
- Implemented analytics and metrics for measuring user contributions.
- Researched Kubernetes viability for the company's existing architecture.
- Developed a working prototype for one of the company's services using OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Documented research, projections, and recommendations for the company's transition.
University of Alberta
- Created a markdown editor with real-time preview.
- Designed a multi-phase collaborative article writing process with versioning and peer review.
- Created a system for assigning doctors to topics with article templates that guided them through the required sections.
- Wrote an image upload and management library.
- Created a WebSocket client in Python.
- Wrote web UI for monitoring and controlling simulated PLCs.
- Designed HTTP and WebSocket APIs for simulated programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Implemented a record and playback feature for replaying PLC events.
- Made an XML to JSON stream parser.
- Created a web interface to monitor real-time PLC activity.
- Replaced an outdated Modbus client with a modern, well-supported alternative.
- Set and wrote documentation standards.
- Created custom time-series graphs using D3.js.
Node.js, Vue, D3.js, ZeroMQ, OpenID, OpenAPI, React, Stripe
Git, GitHub, Mongrel2, Emacs, Vagrant, NGINX
Agile Software Development
WebSockets, HTTP, Service Workers, Cryptography, Modbus Protocol, OAuth, Holochain, PayPal, NixOS
Docker, Ubuntu, Apache2, Linux, Debian, OpenStack, Unix, Kubernetes, Firebase
MySQL, SQL Server 2016, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server