- Software Solutions LeadHeuristic Solutions2014 - PRESENT
- Led the solutions practice at Heuristic Solutions, reporting directly to the principals.
- Managed complex resource allocation each month, arranging developer time, customers, and the project.
- Worked on business development, working to acquire new customers and negotiating with existing customers.
- Worked as an internal consultant for Heuristic’s own product, LearningBuilder. Managed a project to give the product an improved mobile presence.
- Software Development EngineerZimbra (previously known as Telligent)2010 - 2014
- Developed and shipped versions 3.6, 3.7, 4.0, 4.1, and hotfix releases for Telligent Analytics.
- Worked closely with support and sales to address customer issues and questions.
- Worked remotely (full-time) in an effective and self-motivated way.
- Worked with product managers to develop user stories and UI mockups.
- Adjunct FacultyCapital University2012 - 2013
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Windows Azure, HTML, CSS
- Worked as an adjunct faculty instructor in the Music Technology program.
- Taught basic web development (HTML/WordPress) to as many as 38 college sophomores in a semester.
- Created an entire curriculum independently, including lectures, labs, slides, homework, and exams.
- Administered lab sessions where I was often required to think on my feet to come up with solutions and answers to tough questions.
- Advanced and expanded my public speaking skills.
- Software ConsultantQuick Solutions2009 - 2010
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, WinForms
- Worked on data layer/SOA conversion projects.
- Developed the migration of key functionality from legacy systems to new systems.
- Worked with technologies on both sides of the migration: ASP.NET, WinForms, SSRS, SQL, and Oracle.
- Worked on an Agile team.
- Worked with multiple customers in the private and public sector.
- Web DeveloperThe Ohio State University2003 - 2009
Technologies: ASP, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, jQuery
- Involved in the development of all websites used by the department of Student Life, including large high-profile sites and smaller special interest sites.
- Used technologies including ASP.NET (VB and C#), Microsoft SQL, ASP Classic, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, web services, and more.
- Pioneered and advocated for the use of newer technologies and methodologies as appropriate, including TDD, Agile project management, design patterns, and version control.
- Worked on major projects at OSU including eCommerce (credit card processing), RA application processes, and content management systems. Integrated with purchased solution implementation, such as POS systems and document management solutions.
- Was promoted to the WebDev office in Student Life from a position in the Business Office (also in Student Life).