Verified Expert in Engineering
Matthew is a software leader with deep technical experience. He has gone from developer to architect to director to consultant. His professional career spans 18 years with companies such as Microsoft, Fidelity, Nuvasive, and Gala Games. He was a part of 12 successful software releases, including the fastest-to-market release of medical software at Stryker. He has managed offshore and near-shore teams and an on-site team of 40 people.
Visual Studio, Git, React, Angular, TypeScript, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is lead the technical and user experience re-design of the LessRay software, an Edison Gold Award-winning software.
Blackout Lighting Console LLC
- Used a version of Angular for iOS and added some features to the client's IOS application to build a Hollywood lighting app.
- Increased the performance of the administration website.
- Troubleshot some deeply embedded bugs in the client's software during the first week.
Front-end UI/UX Developer
- Mentored and managed employees to take over the maintenance of the project.
- Redesigned the front end, which resulted in an increase in the click-through by 45%.
Senior Angular Developer
Over The Top Marketing Corporation
- Migrated the entire application to .NET 5 and Angular 11.
- Helped implement Scrum in the team that was using ad-hoc PM.
- Integrated Twilio, PubNub, and hardware devices into the application.
- Headed the technical and user experience re-design of the LessRay software, which is used to facilitate taking multiple low-resolution x-rays and creating high definition images based on a single initial high definition image. It is an Edison Gold Award-winning software.
- Created a modern version of the SurgiCount software.
- Provided Scrum guidance, architectural guidance, and trained the employees in Angular 6, TypeScript, SASS and C#.
- Served as the engineering lead for a group of 40 employees (15 developers).
- Influenced the design of every major component of applications written within the group.
- Led the unit and integration testing effort from the development side.
- Implemented cross-platform web applications using HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, and Node.js.
- Designed and implemented application security.
- Led the team in implementing a Scrum process.
- Created the website for the Microsoft Hohm product.
Surgicount 360 Software
Remote Energy Monitoring Software
Nuvasive LessRay Softwarehttps://www.nuvasive.com/surgical-solutions/lessray-2/
.NET, ASP.NET, Angular, Bootstrap, Angular Material, ASP.NET Core, AngularJS, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Entity Framework Core, .NET Core, NativeScript
REST APIs, Windows Forms (WinForms), NgRx, Flexbox, Node.js, jQuery, Underscore.js, Lodash, Polymer, React
Scrum, Agile, REST, Testing, Pair Programming, Microservices, Microservices Architecture
Azure, Visual Studio 2017, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Heroku, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Angular Bootstrap, Web Services, Front-end Development, Front-end, DevExpress, Storybook, Angular Component Architecture, RESTful Services, Reddit, Computer Science, Information Systems, Domain-driven Design (DDD), WCF Web Services
Git, Visual Studio, MS Silverlight, Visual Studio 2019, GitHub
Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2017
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of California San Diego - San Diego, California
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems
DeVry University - Illinois