HTML5 Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Math Teacher2014 - 2016Continental School
- Won the Air Force Association Teacher of the Year Award, 2015.
- Coached a Cyber Patriot team, a club that competes in implementing security in Windows and Ubuntu environments.
- Increased math scores among my students on standardized tests, including AIMS and AZMerit, by 10%.
Teacher2010 - 2014Nogales High School
- Designed the Algebra I curriculum for Nogales Unified School District, taught to approximately 500 students every year.
- Increased math scores among at-risk students on the AIMS standardized test from a 0% passing rate to 85%.
- Taught web development during the summer.
- Timesurfing (Development)
This site is similar to couchsurfing.com, except that users can book stays, write reviews, and find other users throughout any time period in history or in the future! It is a single page app that I developed using Rails, React.js, PostgreSQL, Redux, and Google APIs. It employs a responsive design, theme changes, and uses Google Maps to show where other users are around the globe.
- Last Knight (Development)https://mbehrlich.github.io/last_knight
- CraigsTab (Development)https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/craigstab/kdgbcogcnaebkjpanokfcgclahodnedh?hl=en
- Ruby on Tracks (Development)https://github.com/mbehrlich/Ruby_on_Tracks
A back-end framework that is a "lite" version of Ruby on Rails. It uses SQLite and a lite version of Active Record which I wrote.
- Ruby-Chess (Development)https://github.com/mbehrlich/ruby-chess
Ruby-Chess uses an object-oriented design in order to have a game of chess in the console. It uses Unicode and the colorize gem to make it look nice. I also made sure to implement all the chess rules, including obscure ones like castling, en passant, and promotion. It also has a basic AI.
FrameworksRedux, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Libraries/APIsReact, Google Maps API, Google Places API, HTML5 Canvas, Node.js
- Graduate certificate in Software Development2016 - 2016App Academy - San Francisco, CA (USA)
- Master's degree in Special Education2012 - 2014Plymouth State University - Plymouth, NH (USA)
- Bachelor's degree in History2004 - 2008University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ (USA)