Graduate Student Researcher2016 - PRESENTCarnegie Mellon University
- Researched and developed computational methods for atomistic-to-continuum multiscale materials modelling.
- Studied molecular dynamics modelling, numerical analysis, and elastic wave propagation.
Private Tutor2013 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: C++, Java, Python
- Tutored students in C++, Java, and Python.
- Taught students in data structures and algorithms, such as sorting, searching, hash tables, binary trees, ternary search trees, Dijkstra's algorithm, arbitrary precision arithmetic, binary arithmetic, and more.
- Taught students in graphical-user-interface development and animation using Visual Studio and Tkinter.
- Tutored students in physics and calculus.
Graduate Student Researcher2014 - 2016University of Pittsburgh
Technologies: Julia, C++, Python
- Developed a computational fluid dynamics solver for simulating non-Newtonian and free-surface flow.
- Wrote automated test suites for validating and verifying the fluid dynamics solver with respect to analytical solutions and benchmark results for non-Newtonian flow.
- Published papers on the algorithmic details of the fluid dynamics solver, including an analysis of the stability, accuracy, and computational efficiency of the algorithm.
- Presented on the algorithmic details of the fluid dynamics solver at various conferences.
- Developed code for studying linear and nonlinear elastic solid mechanics using the Finite Element Method.
- Developed C++ code for approximating solutions to boundary value problems using finite difference methods, solving linear systems of equations with both direct and iterative approaches, and for solving eigenvalue problems.
Scientific Developer2015 - 2015Los Alamos National Laboratory
Technologies: Julia, C, Git
- Supported the development of a framework that uses a combination of Bayesian inference and info-gap decision theory to help users decide between potential sites for CO2 well injection.
- Interfaced the Bayesian-Information-Gap Decision Theory framework with PFLOTRAN, a computational fluid dynamics solver for multiphase, multicomponent and multiscale reactive flow and transport in porous materials.
- Published a paper on the mathematical and algorithmic details of the framework, and an application of the framework to a test scenario.
- Presented on the mathematical and algorithmic details of the framework at conferences.
Structural Engineering2013 - 2013Crown Castle International
Technologies: Visual Basic
- Supported and developed software tools for analyzing wood monopoles, concrete foundations, and calculating wind loads.
- Performed a structural analysis of communications towers.
- Implemented a geo-technical analysis of concrete foundations.
- Calculated structural loads.
Scientific Developer2011 - 2013IBACOS
Technologies: PHP, Git, BASIC, Ruby, Python
- Developed a code generator for Campbell Scientific data logger programs.
- Worked as a lead developer on a data processing and visualization tool used both internally and licensed externally.
- Worked on QA and tested in-house software.
- Gained experience with experimental lab work, data collection, data processing, and report writing.