Postdoctoral Associate2018 - PRESENTRutgers University
- Developed behavioral models to map behaviors that create potential problems when searching.
- Designed and taught a research methods course in statistics with R.
- Presented talks and writing grants on emerging big data infrastructure, deep learning, bias in information retrieval, and explainable recommendation.
- Managed parallel research projects of undergraduate and graduate students through administrative duties and mentorship.
Graduate Student Research Assistant2014 - 2018Rutgers University
- Developed behavioral models to map search patterns to searcher intentions, using simple logistic regression to improve accuracy by 1.5-8x over naïve baseline.
- Improved likelihood of user characteristic predictions using R to apply the MMHC and PC structure learning algorithms on heterogeneous data sets with partially missing data.
- Applied structural equation modeling to jointly predict interactions between searcher characteristics, search tasks, and behaviors, improving in 6 of 7 goodness-of-fit metrics.
- Developed a crowdsourcing study design to extract crowd annotations of search logs on Mechanical Turk.
Teaching Assistant2012 - 2014Rutgers University
- Engaged undergraduate students in Computer Science courses.
- Served as a teaching assistant for an undergraduate course in algorithms for one year.
- Served as a teaching assistant for an undergraduate course in C programming for one year.
- Held regular office hours on weekly bases for each course.
- Assisted in the grading and design of tests, periodic homework assignments, and group projects.
Graduate Research Fellow2011 - 2012Rutgers University
- Attended regular multidisciplinary seminars intersecting computer science and psychology.
- Was involved in multidisciplinary coursework intersecting the aforementioned fields.
- Regularly engaged in research in computer graphics.
- Engaged in coursework required by the computer science curriculum as required by my fellowship.
- Participated in related reading groups.
Computer Science Intern2011 - 2011National Security Agency
Technologies: (May not be able to disclose.)
- Participated in a 12-week internship program for computer science.
- Contributed to an NSA's mission through the project.
- Completed a technical paper as part of the project.
- Finished the project with a short presentation.
- Worked in a collaborative group with a senior project on the project.