Founder and CEO2015 - PRESENTProcess PA
- Built a software platform for committees and boards; this platform is used by thousands of customers and passed an independent security and penetration test.
- Managed the entire business from end to end including the financials, sales, support, hiring, and onboarding.
- Handled the full build and deployment of an automated pipeline to ensure that consistent test and deployment was finished within 10 minutes till production.
- Managed and designed the product with input from prospects and customers.
- Successfully raised investment capital.
- Created a website in Jekyll.
Team Lead2006 - 2015Zap Technology
Technologies: Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), D3.js, AngularJS, ASP.NET, C#
- Led the team development of the flagship product; managing a team of three senior developers, two developers, two junior developers, one build engineer, five testers, and three technical writers.
- Developed and implemented the processes.
- Onboarded, trained, and mentored all new developers.
- Organized and ran code reviews.
- Designed and developed the technical architecture in C# and ASP.NET.
- Designed the user interface and user experience design.
- Developed developer productivity tools that implemented automatic code generation, build workflows, automatic deployment to test environments, and tools that automatically adding localization translations.
- Developed and managed SharePoint projects including forums for product feedback and discussion, document management, and blogs for development team announcements.
VB.NET Developer2005 - 2006Education Queensland
Technologies: Windows Forms, VB.NET
- Developed a facilities management system as along with the support tools for the Education Queensland strategic facilities management staff.
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented three applications: the facilities management system desktop client, a resource replacement management desktop client with a claim lodging web client, and a facilities program manager web application to replace spreadsheets for managing programs such as an asbestos roof replacement program. WinForms Smart Client development.
- Provided user support and training.
- Determined the workflows for several programs in order to set up the statuses, priorities, and milestones within the new program management tool that I had developed.
- Designed and built the software architecture for an application with desktop and web interfaces and made the maximum reuse of components.
- Designed and managed a database.
Analyst and Programmer2005 - 2005Vital System Solutions
Technologies: VB.NET, ASP.NET
- Became deeply involved in the redevelopment of an enterprise solution for compliance and risk management standards such as ISO 9001 Quality Assurance. The original application was written in Microsoft Access with an SQL Server 2000 database and converted to an ASP.NET web application. The software system is used by clients such as Queensland Health.
- Designed and developed the system architecture.
- Designed and implemented the website; I had the complete creative freedom for the presentation of the site and then I liaised directly with the client for the final design.
- Developed software in Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- Wrote programming in ASP.NET and VB.NET.
Analyst and Programmer2004 - 2005Customer Management Technologies
Technologies: PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Designer
- Built with a team of ten developers an enterprise licensing and compliance solution for the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulations (QOGR) at the Queensland Treasury. The application monitors all the gaming activities throughout the state. The bulk of my work consisted of financial part, compliance investigation and inspection, electronic gaming machine monitoring, site job requests, and system module for license applications.
- Developed with Oracle Designer and Forms.
- Conducted onsite work at the Queensland Treasury in the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulations (QOGR).
- Developed with PL/SQL and managed the peer testing and acceptance testing for Queensland Treasury including issue tracking for an application module.
- Directly liased with clients to clarify business rules for the application then carried out the design and implementation of components of the application to meet the criteria outlined.
- Ensured that the solutions implemented ran effectively and efficiently on mission-critical systems to provide stable, reliable support for the end users.
- Developed license and compliance applications.
- Created enterprise database designs.
- Developed with PL/SQL mostly, spending at least 80% of the average working day on it.
Programmer2004 - 2004Mincom Ltd
Technologies: IBM Rational, ClearCase, COBOL
- Performed updates and fixes on Mincom's flagship product, Ellipse, a world-leading EAM (enterprise asset management) product aimed at asset-intensive industries.
- Completed Cobol and other Mincom training sessions.
- Learned and used version control tools such as IBM Rational ClearCase.
- Ensured that the entire software was forward-fit from the support baseline to its current development.