Verified Expert in Engineering
Since 2011, Matt has been contributing to various projects of all shapes and sizes. He works primarily as a front-end developer specializing in front-end web applications. However, he also has a great deal of full-stack experience and can work well in both roles. Over the course of his career, Matt has worked in a number of different teams and solved numerous problems.
Git, Vim Text Editor, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...product I've built was a text-to-video generator that was driven by a JSON schema and populated by AI-created images.
Senior Software Engineer
Nota / The Doe, Inc.
- Developed an app that used AI to perform various operations on articles. This ranged from extracting key data points from within the article, to creating images and videos based on it.
- Developed a user-facing publishing platform that displayed articles pulled from a CMS and contained a recommendation engine based on user reading habits and quiz responses.
- Oversaw deployments and monitored server health and uptime. This included migrating databases, monitoring response times, automating release cycles, and speeding up releases.
Freelance Web Developer
Sanders Web Development
- Built various web applications in Vue and React.
- Acted as the lead developer for an agency managing multiple eCommerce projects, primarily on WordPress.
- Built and maintained custom WordPress themes, plugins, and integrations.
- Performed general maintenance of a Perl-based CMS for both the back-end and the front-end using a variety of front-end technologies.
- Released new features to the CMS such as payment gateways, Xero integrations, image and file managers and more; again with a mix of back-end Perl and front-end technologies.
- Maintained the internal infrastructure by fixing bugs and releasing new features such as Google Calendar integration and other integrations with the Workflow.
- Released many features for a website builder aimed at small businesses. This was written in Node.js for the back-end and Backbone and Dust for the front-end.
- Wrote a PHP script to integrate and export data from the CMS to other major platforms such as WordPress and Shopify.
I wanted Vue Formly to be a "catch-all" module for forms in Vue.js and for that reason it is incredibly modular. You can include the supported Vue Formly Bootstrap project to use Bootstrap field styles, or you can create your plugin for any front-end framework. It does not lock you into one date-picker or fancy select box but lets you define your own.
Vue Formly also has no other dependencies resulting in a reduction of bloat from your application.
As they have multiple clients with varying needs, we were required to make the app itself load different components dynamically depending on the client build. We built a core layer that added/removed modules as needed.
Vercel, WordPress, MacOS, Linux, Heroku, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Ajax, Software Development, Front-end Development, Front-end, Web UI, Web UX, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, Web Development, APIs, Prismic, Headless Software, React Hook Forms, Apps, MERN Stack, OpenAI
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Communications
Auckland University of Technology - Auckland, New Zealand
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring