Principal Software Development Engineer, Artificial Intelligence2021 - 2021Traptic
Technologies: Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Python, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Convolutional Neural Networks
- Led the development of the robot's visual system software using deep learning and computer vision, including coding in Python and Bash for training, tuning, and deploying to the production of customized convolutional neural network architectures.
- Contributed to the architectural modifications and custom loss functions for the neural networks that allowed the inference of multiple targets from images with semi-supervised training.
- Championed the delivery of a mathematical model of harvest yield that allowed tuning aspects of the visual and robotics systems to maximize the robot's strawberry picking rate.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer2017 - 2019SAIC Innovation Center
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenCV, TensorFlow, Python, Computer Vision, PyTorch, Deep Learning, Algorithms, JSON, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Convolutional Neural Networks
- Developed a driver monitoring system fusing video and biometric streams.
- Built a system to predict a driver's intended destination.
- Developed a system to anticipate drivers' environmental control preferences.
Senior Data Scientist2015 - 2017Venafi
Technologies: MLlib, Linux, Unix, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), RStudio Shiny, R, Flask, Scikit-learn, Spark, Python, Deep Learning, Algorithms, JSON, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Convolutional Neural Networks
- Developed an anomaly detection system for PKI certificates using Spark and Python.
- Developed software to organize customers' internal PKI certificates into functionally meaningful groups with hierarchical clustering and a customized domain name similarity metric. Built a stand-alone REST API for this back end using Flask.
- Developed a system to assign a score to certificates on the basis of revocation likelihood as estimated with machine learning.
Senior Research Scientist I2008 - 2010Pfizer
Technologies: MATLAB, R, Statistics, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Developed a machine learning system for the prediction of antibody thermal and acidic stability on the basis of primary sequence with the aim of identifying stability improving inducible mutations.
- Identified common biological activity among a large panel of compounds with unsupervised learning and computer vision applied to digital microscopy.
- Performed text mining and natural language processing of a large corpus of miRNA-related publications.