Software Developer2017 - PRESENTHotSource
Technologies: WordPress, Laravel, Node.js, React, GraphQL, MySQL
- Created a React-based visual-scripting plugin for WordPress.
- Created recipe and inventory app using React, pulling recipes and ingredients from a Laravel-based back-end via a third-party GraphQL service provider.
- Created a Mega Menu plugin for WordPress using React for the back-end user interface.
- Created a budgeting app using React. Grouping/calculations/scripting implemented via a custom DSL (PEG.js), and data is retrieved/stored via GraphQL against a Node.js/Apollo back-end.
- Worked on a custom eCommerce site based on Laravel with a single-page React front-end.
- Built a WooCommerce store featuring front-end React-based widgets that communicate externally via Ajax and dynamically update.
Web Developer2009 - 2019Controls and Data Services
- Implemented various screens/pages.
- Built a custom model binding solution for ASP.NET MVC.
- Created dynamic form generation from the database.
- Developed custom jQuery plugins.
- Built a file upload tool allowing cross-browser uploading of multiple files with progress.
Freelance WordPress Developer2010 - 2016Minion
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, CSS, Node.js, React
- Built an image sharing plugin (Pinterest-style) on top of WordPress.
- Created a custom WordPress dashboard to simplify client site management.
- Created themes from PSD files.
- Created custom plugins integrating various third-party services with WooCommerce (e.g., ShipStation, TradeGecko).
- Created a plugin that automatically creates "Review" posts based on URLs that the user enters.
- Created a React front-end that pulls post data from a remote WP installation, allowing multiple single-page sites to be managed from a single install.
Software Developer2006 - 2009NEXA NZ, Ltd.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Java, Photoshop
- Created a Windows desktop app that automated the processing of orders and matching payments from a bank feed with orders from the accounting package.
- Integrated with an eCommerce platform using a background service, automating the creation and processing of sales orders sold via this platform.
- Created multiple eCommerce websites based on ASP.NET that pulled data directly from the accounting database.
- Designed and developed a Windows-based shipping application, including thermal ticket printing, automatic pricing, and ticket number generation.
- Automated various emails to customers, streamlining the process from sale to dispatch.
Software Developer2007 - 2008IDIOM, Ltd.
Technologies: Java, C#, ASP.NET, XML
- Maintained the Idiom Forms Engine responsible for parsing XML documents.
- Translated C# source code to Java, ensuring both platforms were in sync.
- Created installation packages.
- Designed and developed various dynamic forms.
- Maintained the engine responsible for generating HTML from parsed XML.
Web Developer2004 - 2005Airnet NZ, Ltd.
- Worked with the IT team developing various web and desktop solutions for clients.
- Developed the company's internal control systems, including the customer control panel.
- Developed a domain registrar server and web services, giving the ISP the ability to register and edit domain names from their own control panel.
- Integrated the control panel with a CRM solution, allowing users to better track calls, appointments, and notes for customers as well as manage domains, mailboxes, connections, and websites more efficiently.
- Created various websites using ASP and PHP.
Web Developer2003 - 2005Digital Wholesale
- Created an eCommerce website for the company.
- Integrated the eCommerce website with their accounting software (MoneyWorks).
- Created a service to pull livestock and pricing information into the website.
- Created various websites for clients.
- Created various desktop applications for clients.