Freelance2017 - 2019Nano, Ltd.
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn
- Integrated existing 2D and 3D video processing packages (Detectron, VideoPose3D) into a web app.
- Created a module detecting the potential for back injuries based on medical models, which is capable of processing the information extracted by the video processing software.
- Created a module capable of writing a natural language report detailing the potential risk for back injuries.
Consultant (freelance)2017 - 2019Nano, Ltd.
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, spaCy, Flask
- Evaluated various deep learning models for natural language understanding.
- Developed deep learning approaches for named entity recognition, text summarization, and document retrieval.
- Integrated trained deep learning models in Flask-based web applications.
Lead Developer (freelance)2011 - 2017Kextil, LLC.
Technologies: Cross-platform C++, Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Windows, iOS, Android
- Architected and implemented an app running on Windows, iOS, and Android, allowing field technicians in hands-busy, eyes-busy situations to interact with complex procedures and workflows through voice only.
- Conducted user tests in the field and improved voice interaction based on user feedback.
- Showed reduced task completion times by almost 20% when using the app.
- Maintained a cross-platform code base by separating application logic from UI and implemented UI using platform-specific APIs (Java, C++, Objective-C).
- Used standard collaborative tools such as Bitbucket, Git, and Jira for progress tracking and project management.
Consultant (freelance)2008 - 2014Ford Motor Company
Technologies: C++, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech, Natural Language Processing
- Designed a voice-operated system for in-car control of infotainment systems and seats.
- Developed speech recognition and natural language understanding resources.
- Evaluated systems through user studies and improved performance.
Research Associate2004 - 2006NTT Communication Science Laboratories
Technologies: Restricted Domain Question Answering
- Implemented a Restricted Domain Question Answering System based on NTT's proprietary QA technology in Japanese.
Research Associate2003 - 2004NTT Communication Science Laboratories
Technologies: Speech Recognition, Spoken Dialogue Management, Reinforcement Learning
- Developed Japanese bus information system.
- Developed reinforcement learning algorithms for spoken dialogue management.
- Evaluated system with Japanese users.