Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
- Worked on the Ledger Live desktop and mobile applications.
- Set up end-to-end tests on the desktop application with the continuous integration (CI) process running on GitHub actions.
- Implemented WalletConnect and migrated the bitcoin (BTC) wallet from C++ to TypeScript.
Liquid (Crypto Exchange)
- Developed a Node.js REST API for front-end related features. The service used a PostgreSQL database and the main Liquid back end as its data layers.
- Developed a Node.js service to replace the SendGrid templating system.
- Set up documentation using Swagger and monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana.
Freelance Software Engineer
An Online Freelance Agency
- Developed five iOS and Android React Native apps for various clients, including social networks and chat apps.
- Collaborated on the development of a full-stack Node.js and React web app for a recruiting platform.
- Fixed and finished a React and Relay-based web app for event planning.
- Developed a data transformation workflow using a Serverless framework on AWS. It integrated SNS, S3, DynamoDB, and Git to turn Docx files into versioned Github-hosted pages.
Freelance Software Engineer
- Constructed the React Native implementation of a new version of their app using React Native.
- Implemented a lot of native APIs for the app, such as geolocation, background fetching, and background uploading.
- Made pull requests to React Native and some third-party plugins.
- Worked on a Node.js API that was acting as a middleware between the mobile clients and the main back-end API.
- Set up a new architecture and moved 100% of the codebase to clear the technical debt.
- Established tests using Mocha and documentation using Swagger.
Coinbase HFT Bot | 2017–2019https://github.com/machard/mm-crypto-bot
My total traded volume has been over US$450 million. Performance and resilience to failure were crucial to this project.
I built the bot with Node.js and used WebSockets streams, FIX APIs, Google Sheets, Kibana graphs, Elasticsearch, and email alerts. The FX uses an OANDA real-time feed. Over 15MB/S in and out of data was expected, so I used a c5.xlarge instance.
The source code is available on my GitHub. Nowadays, market making is essentially done by professional firms, such as Jump Trading and Alameda, and fees have been raised—making it harder for independent individuals like me to compete.
Streamroot | 2012–2013http://www.streamroot.io
Streamroot was a personal project that I started building initially with AS3/Cumulus before switching to WebRTC and WebMedia HTML5 APIs. I also designed the original idea of relying on existing streaming technologies (DASH, HLS, and so on) and making Streamroot a plugin for existing video players.
Some friends took over the project and made a company out of it. I've been a non-operational shareholder of the company until it got sold in 2019 to Century Links—now Lumen.
Tracktl | 2013–2014http://www.tracktl.com
I built the first version with Backbone.js and Node.js and then used Node.js and Angular. It uses Socket.IO to handle real-time communications. Music is streamed from various streaming services. It was packaged for mobile app stores using PhoneGap.
I sold my shares back to my co-founders when leaving the still active company.
React Native, Electron
Node.js, React, REST APIs
APIs, Responsive UI
Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science
University Centrale Paris - Paris, France