Matthieu De Laere
Verified Expert in Engineering
Matthieu developed the Twitter app for Windows Phone, which was one of the most popular apps on the platform. He did this in high school (2012), then earned a bachelor's and master's degree in computer science, and now has 3+ years of experience as a freelance, full-stack developer, specializing in .NET and Angular. With strong technical skills, Matthieu empowers clients to maximize the performance and functionality of their software.
.NET, C#, SQL, Visual Studio, Entity Framework, Angular
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was my own Twitter application for Windows Phone. It was the trigger that led me to pursue my career as a freelance developer.
- Played a key role in the development of the material follow-up component in a huge new IT system to follow up on orders for all of Europe. I was involved in the project from start to finish.
- Migrated the project's codebase from Entity Framework 6 to Entity Framework Core, thereby significantly improving the efficiency of the SQL database model.
- Tracked and fixed bugs, using Azure DevOps as a reporting and task management tool.
- Analyzed the functionally described in tickets for their technical impact. Once the functionality was clear, I described in the ticket how the implementation should be done on a technical level in the code.
- Assisted the development team with building a new version of their eAssessment platform in .NET Core and Angular.
- Improved the SQL database model and performance on a regular basis.
- Strengthened the testing strategy by introducing API tests in addition to the existing unit tests. This helped to smooth the release process because less manual testing was needed.
Full-stack Developer (Full-time Summer Jobs)
- Developed a web app that enabled hospitals to schedule messages on their public announcement systems. This was an extension to the Televic InterAxio suite, which already contained a PA system.
- Learned how to process audio streams and broadcast them on a network to be played back by the PA system.
- Learned how to create an installer for a web application, using Wix.
PEP | Patient Education Platformhttps://www.pep.link
I co-created the PEP application for a client and was responsible for back-end development and setting up the entire CI/CD flow in Azure DevOps. The deployment is fully automated at night with an automatic rollback if automated API tests fail after the deployment.
MeTweets for Windows Phonehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOWL3ozhCE
.NET, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, Angular, Bootstrap, Entity Framework Core
REST, DevOps, Azure DevOps
Azure, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows Phone
Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Complexity Theory, Software Design, Computer Networking, Data Structures, Algorithms, Web App Development, API Testing, Back-end, Full-stack, Front-end, CI/CD Pipelines
Master's Degree in Computer Science
KU Leuven - Leuven, Belgium
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
KU Leuven - Kortrijk, Belgium
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring