Verified Expert in Engineering
Mauricio is a full-stack developer with a history of delivering exemplary work within teams to build software solutions. His favorite stack—to develop all kinds of applications from web and mobile to server-side—includes React, React Native, and Node.js. With a decade of work experience in the software computer industry under his belt and having been educated in computer science at UFRGS and the University of Wisconsin, it's safe to say Mauricio can deliver your full-stack development needs.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an in-app payment service with different wallet properties for each user.
Senior Software Engineer
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Researched different subjects and reported my findings using diagrams to help the team make the best decisions.
- Worked with functional components and modern hooks and maintained the legacy class component and Redux store.
- Created and maintained Native components to manage low-level features such as Bluetooth connection.
- Worked with animations and gestures using an old and new approach, trying to avoid bridge communication between React and Native layer to increase the performance and user experience.
- Contributed to the integration with different APIs using REST and GraphQL.
- Developed key features on Android and iOS applications such as real-time chats and in-app payments; customized the file system for users.
- Installed back-end services using Google Cloud such as authentication, messaging, and cloud functions.
- Integrated with SQL and NoSQL databases, locally and in the cloud, such as Firebase, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Worked directly on the canvas using Context2D and WebGL to render custom animations handling FPS and user interface events.
- Implemented communication using socket.io to meet real-time communication needs.
University of Wisconsin
- Created an Android application to allow users to take photos and send them over WiFi to a remote server.
- Implemented few server-side image processing techniques using C++ such as mapping algorithms and feature detectors to try to recognize buildings previously registered in the database with a degree of similarity.
- Built a device to measure the power consumption of a single outlet by taking several samples of the field and sending the information over WiFi to a local server.
- Developed a web application to allow users to visualize the power consumption via charts and to offer an interface to select a connected device to turn the power outlet on or off.
- Developed a web application to provide online quizzes.
- Built a web server to handle quizzes requests from each device.
- Handled communication using different socket protocols.
- Created dynamic web applications using Flash and ActionScript.
- Implemented basic features in the back end using Java and PHP.
- Developed full web applications for different industry types.
- Modeled MySQL database for different users' case scenarios.
The app's front end, which provides a great user experience and follows the guidelines for material design. I designed and prototyped the application screens and implemented them using React Native.
I also implemented the serverless REST API using Google Cloud Functions to handle all the traffic and manage payments, authentication, and notifications. I implemented each endpoint to provide all the data for the front-end application while following requirements and used third-party APIs to provide services. It was created with Google Cloud Services and TypeScript.
Computer Vision Back-end Application
React Native, MUI (Material UI), Jest, Spring, NestJS
React, Node.js, Sockets, WebRTC, Socket.IO, OpenCV
Mobile, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web, Docker, WordPress, AWS Lambda
APIs, Web Development, CI/CD Pipelines, Internet of Things (IoT), Styled-components, User Interface (UI), Responsive Design, Apollo Server, Apollo, Google Cloud Functions, Webhooks
Git, Webpack, Figma, React Apollo, Docker Compose, Sentry
Test-driven Development (TDD), Split Testing
Databases, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Google Cloud, Amazon DynamoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre, Brazil
Exchange Year in Computer Science
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, WI, United States
PHP Application Development
South University of Santa Catarina
Núcleo de Educação Profissional Kirana Lacerda