Verified Expert in Engineering
Max is a self-taught engineer with over 10 years of experience on a variety of platforms. Max has worked within large teams and led small teams to develop products from the ground up and maintained, improved, and iterated upon existing user-facing and infrastructureproducts. His background includes some formal education and a ton of open source work and contributions.
The most amazing...
...thing I've ever done is reverse engineer a security product in high school that got me hired as an intern and then hired full-time by my first year of college.
- Designed and implemented the cloud infrastructure and embedded integration for fleet management.
- Led the design and implementation of a core embedded robotic management system.
- Worked on the design and implementation of the firmware integration software in a high-reliability context.
- Rewrote a smart contract compiler to support optimization passes, improve type safety, and avoid buggy code patterns.
- Revised a blockchain network node to be functional at scale, optimize performance issues, and manage network migration.
- Developed a framework to integrate Rosetta API into blockchain nodes.
Security Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented a new key management system. Delivered ahead of schedule and amidst changing requirements. Gave a presentation at CNCF Rust Day available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_diNCN5e4w, now open source.
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of an email security platform performing HTML and CSS analysis at scale under heavy performance constraints.
- Analyzed existing solutions for web anti-automation and designed changes to improve efficacy.
- Improved back-end and front-end site performance by over 300%.
- Led a project to rewrite the critical user-facing website, improving margins by 13%.
- Refactored internal pipelines for robustness/error correction in event of partial failure.
- Discovered and resolved several critical security vulnerabilities including SQL injection, authentication bypass, etc.
- Created a comprehensive testing framework for a large project with no existing tests.
- Resolved countless PostgreSQL scaling problems, including missed indices, extraneous indices, schema modifications, sharding, partitioning, hardware tuning, and more.
- Led a project to rewrite a domain-specific language engine, optimizing for business needs.
- Created a regular expression parser/acceptor for ES2016-ES2018.
JASM: JVM Disassembler and Java Decompilerhttps://github.com/basinserver/jasm
Shift Regexp Acceptorhttps://github.com/shapesecurity/shift-regexp-acceptor-js
Ruby on Rails (RoR), OpenCL, Express.js
Node.js, React, OpenGL, OpenSSL
Functional Programming, Procedural Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile
Linux, JVM, Android, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Blockchain, Embedded Linux
PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, NoSQL
LLVM, Linux Kernel Drivers, Web Security
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of California, Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz, California