Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTMatician
Technologies: Rust, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Embedded Linux
- Designed and implemented the cloud infrastructure and embedded integration for fleet management.
- Led the design and implementation of a core embedded robotic management system.
- Worked on the design and implementation of the firmware integration software in a high-reliability context.
Software Engineer2021 - 2022Aleo
Technologies: Rust, Blockchain
- Rewrote a smart contract compiler to support optimization passes, improve type safety, and avoid buggy code patterns.
- Revised a blockchain network node to be functional at scale, optimize performance issues, and manage network migration.
- Developed a framework to integrate Rosetta API into blockchain nodes.
Security Software Engineer2020 - 2021ByteDance
- Designed and implemented a new key management system. Delivered ahead of schedule and amidst changing requirements. Gave a presentation at CNCF Rust Day available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_diNCN5e4w, now open source.
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of an email security platform performing HTML and CSS analysis at scale under heavy performance constraints.
- Analyzed existing solutions for web anti-automation and designed changes to improve efficacy.
Software Engineer2019 - 2020VoiceOps
- Improved back-end and front-end site performance by over 300%.
- Led a project to rewrite the critical user-facing website, improving margins by 13%.
- Refactored internal pipelines for robustness/error correction in event of partial failure.
- Discovered and resolved several critical security vulnerabilities including SQL injection, authentication bypass, etc.
- Created a comprehensive testing framework for a large project with no existing tests.
- Resolved countless PostgreSQL scaling problems, including missed indices, extraneous indices, schema modifications, sharding, partitioning, hardware tuning, and more.
Software Engineer2017 - 2019Shape Security
- Led a project to rewrite a domain-specific language engine, optimizing for business needs.
- Created a regular expression parser/acceptor for ES2016-ES2018.