Python Developer in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Member since November 29, 2015
Max has a PhD in Mathematics. He has been working as a data scientist for the past 3 years with experience covering: data engineering, predictive modeling, recommender systems, information retrieval, and crowd-sourced data curation. He's an excellent communicator and has worked in Agile teams of varying sizes. He's a favorite for running stand-ups, planning, and team retros; thanks to his knack for cutting to the heart of the discussion at hand.
Data Scientist2014 - PRESENTSEEK Ltd
Technologies: Python, Hadoop/Spark, AWS
- Performed data analysis and modelling using Python, Pandas, and scikit-learn.
- Worked on a team building a Haskell ETL pipeline.
- Implemented real time data visualization using D3, Google Maps, and Tableau.
- Built a 20 GB per day AWS S3 JSON to HDFS/Impala ETL pipeline using Hive and Hadoop Streaming.
- Crowd sourced data curation using CrowdFlower.
- Built and deployed a Batch-scored predictive model running on 6 million records per week on a SQL Server.
Data Scientist2013 - 2014Predictive Match
Technologies: Python, AWS, RapidMiner
- Built a recommender system for a real estate website using Python.
- Developed a prioritization model for recommendation algorithms using RapidMiner.
- Implemented data analysis and visualization using a Python data science stack.
- Performed clustering analysis of users using scikit-learn.
- Collaborated using Trello and Bitbucket.
FrameworksAWS EMR, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Flask, Windows PowerShell, ClojureScript
Libraries/APIsPandas, Requests, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), Functional Programming, Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Unix, Windows, Windows Server 2012, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Docker
StorageRedshift, AWS S3, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
OtherWeb Scraping, Regular Expressions, Integration Testing
ToolsGit, Tableau, Emacs, AWS CloudFormation
- PhD degree in Mathematics2009 - 2013University of Melburne - Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) degree in Mathematics2003 - 2006University of Melburne - Melbourne, Australia