Lead Developer2015 - PRESENTAllinfluence.com
Technologies: NLP, Machine Learning (Python), Luigi, Elasticsearch, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Chef
- Developed a podcast directory and scaled it to 2.5 million episodes and 800,000 interviewees.
- Employed an NLP model to extract names of people appearing on the podcasts and a generalized linear model to categorize the type of appearance.
- Implemented a system to process new data from thousands of podcasts in parallel using Sidekiq.
- Set up an Elasticsearch server to support fast and powerful searches.
- Managed the server infrastructure on DigitalOcean using Chef.
Consultant2015 - 2016Townhallapp.io
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku
- Improved the quality of the existing code base and database design, and established sustainable design patterns for future development.
- Implemented a complete redesign of the front-end with better responsiveness and all-around user experience.
- Created a report system for the outcomes of online votings and the demographics of the voters, both as HTML and as CSV.
Lead Developer2013 - 2016Relodeck
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Heroku, Push Notifications
- Provided technical guidance from the startup's idea to its first big clients.
- Implemented the back-end and API of a complex CMS/CRM solution.
- Set up a reminder service using push notifications, interfacing directly with the Apple Push Notification Service and Google Cloud Messaging.
- Coordinated the development of the iOS and Android apps.
- Interviewed and screened mobile app developers.
Web Developer2011 - 2011Empuxa GmbH
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Facebook
- Implemented a platform giving patients the chance to rate their care providers on various criteria.
- Implemented a Facebook app for a customer support software to add a channel of communication between companies and their clients.
Developer2009 - 2009VisionN
Technologies: C++, FFmpeg, Video and Image Processing
- Developed a tool to visualize the accuracy of the company’s 3D reconstruction software.
- Implemented a library to convert MPEG4 videos into single frames.