Verified Expert in Engineering
Deep Learning Developer
Max is a seasoned full-stack developer with a background in data science. With extensive experience in Ruby on Rails, he has spent the last few years primarily working in Python-based environments. Max collaborated with large teams on back-end solutions for sizable software systems and designed and implemented complete tech stacks for early-stage startups from the ground up. His diverse skill set makes him an incredibly versatile engineer.
Git, Emacs, Unix
The most amazing...
...web app I've built uses NLP and machine learning to find out who got interviewed on a podcast episode—building a people-centered podcast directory.
- Built a high-performance public API using FastAPI, streamlining access for users to historical weather forecast data.
- Designed and implemented the ETL process to aggregate weather data from various sources into our Zarr-based format.
- Developed a 2-tiered storage system, employing write-optimized chunking for data ingestion and read-optimized chunking for data retrieval.
- Automated tests, Docker builds, infrastructure, and deployments using GitLab CI, Kubernetes, and Argo CD for a fast development cycle.
- Designed and implemented the project's website using Vue.js with Nuxt.js.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Sum.cumo Sapiens GmbH
- Led implementation of a decentralized scheme to handle ownership of discount classes between car insurances.
- Saved weeks of developer time by developing a framework to generate test data for the above semantically.
- Designed and implemented a multichannel customer communication framework.
- Developed a podcast directory and scaled it to 2.5 million episodes and 800,000 interviewees.
- Employed an NLP model to extract names of people appearing on the podcasts and various machine learning models to categorize the type of appearance.
- Implemented a system to process new data from thousands of podcasts in parallel using Sidekiq.
- Set up an Elasticsearch server to support fast and powerful searches.
- Managed the server infrastructure on DigitalOcean using Chef.
- Improved the quality of the existing code base and database design, and established sustainable design patterns for future development.
- Implemented a complete redesign of the front-end with better responsiveness and all-around user experience.
- Created a report system for the outcomes of online votings and the demographics of the voters, both as HTML and as CSV.
- Provided technical guidance from the startup's idea to its first big clients.
- Implemented the back-end and API of a complex CMS/CRM solution.
- Set up a reminder service using push notifications, interfacing directly with the Apple Push Notification Service and Google Cloud Messaging.
- Coordinated the development of the iOS and Android apps.
- Interviewed and screened mobile app developers.
- Implemented a platform giving patients the chance to rate their care providers on various criteria.
- Implemented a Facebook app for a customer support software to add a channel of communication between companies and their clients.
- Developed a tool to visualize the accuracy of the company’s 3D reconstruction software.
- Implemented a library to convert MPEG4 videos into single frames.
Autonomous GPT Software Engineerhttps://github.com/maxhollmann/allmeca
Ruby Gem: Rails API Explorerhttps://github.com/maxhollmann/rails_api_explorer
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Slim, Capybara, Bootstrap 3, Bootstrap, Vuetify, Flask, ActionCable
REST APIs, Sidekiq, jQuery, ActiveRecord, Ruby on Rails API, Node.js, Keras, TensorFlow, Luigi, Vue, NumPy, Pandas, Google Maps, Twitter API, Facebook Open Graph API, FFmpeg, Ractive.js, D3.js, React, SciPy, OpenAPI
Git, Emacs, RSpec, Jupyter, GitHub, TensorBoard, GitLab CI/CD, Apple Push Notifications, Google Cloud Messaging, NGINX, MATLAB, Chef, Terraform
Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Data Science, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Plain Old Ruby Object (PORO), DevOps, Hosting
Linux, Unix, Heroku, Docker, Jupyter Notebook, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean
JSON, PostgreSQL, Databases, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Machine Learning, FastAPI, Zarr, Software Design, Architecture, Full-stack, SaaS, APIs, Statistics, Deep Learning, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Data Engineering, Leadership, Caching, Geospatial Data, Image Processing, Video Processing, Push Notifications, Facebook, Natural Language Processing (NLP), WebSockets, Dry-rb, Artificial Intelligence (AI), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Argo CD, OpenAI GPT-3 API, Bayesian Statistics, Science, Psychology, Psychology & Mental Health, Cognitive Psychology
Master of Science Degree in Statistics and Data Science
Leiden University - Leiden, Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
University of Groningen - Groningen, Netherlands