Mayank has been professionally working as a software engineer in startups since 2014. During these years, he has worked on a wide variety of projects having different technology stacks in both front-end and back-end. He has experience in building robust software pipelines for automating processes and increasing efficiency. He's built a media processing pipeline for PressPlayTV and then an epub ingestion pipeline for Juggernaut books.
ExperienceECMAScript (ES6) - 6 yearsNode.js - 5 yearsAWS Lambda - 4 yearsReact - 4 yearsChrome Extensions - 4 yearsPython 2 - 4 yearsFirebase - 3 yearsGo - 3 years
The most amazing...
...project I've made is the Juggernaut writing platform powered by a sophisticated tree-based content storage model and has approximately 20,000 users/month.
Head of Technology
- Created a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Moved existing services to FAAS model to scale up data processing and increase concurrency.
- Created a pipeline to ingest ONIX files from multiple vendors using FAAS technologies.
- Created an in-house DRM for book protection.
- Added a Firebase real-time database for real-time data sync.
- Created a FAAS-based deployment pipeline using Firebase Cloud functions.
- Optimized data storage for the fast first load.
- Optimized real-time rendering performance by preloading auth data and wrapping it in Redux data.
- Added support for Redux CLI by creating templates for dumb, smart, and connected components to streamline the architecture and for increasing developer productivity.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented central configuration service allows to segregate environment based configs out of source code.
- Developed a self-deploying layer in existing services to make them self-contained.
- Built community writing platform for the company.
- Designed a tree-based content storage format for user-contributed stories.
- Created pipeline to segregate static assets from text content for optimized delivery.
Senior Software Engineer
- Architected and implemented an analytics system for the online media model.
- Implemented remote update infrastructure for the offline server fleet.
- Created configuration and metric collection service for offline servers.
- Designed a media processing pipeline for the content library.
- Optimized time-to-first-frame metric for Chrome video start-up time.
- Designed and built PressPlays's Flagship hotspot server from scratch.
- Implemented user account device tethering in the web version.
- Created a crowd-sourced log collection system for the offline model.
- Developed and maintained web application and assets.
- Built a Google Map-based tool for managing positions of entities on a map.
- Built web-based premium features for restaurant owners.
- Designed internal dashboards for report generation.
- Created a crowd-sourced distance calculator for web browsers.
Software Engineering Intern
- Maintained and upgraded the Flagship iOS app of the firm.
- Implemented Clustering in map object and pagination of message feeds.
- Fixed bugs and ported to iOS 7.
- Added infinite scrolling feature.
- Refactored dependency management architecture in the project.
- Developed PHP-MySQL library to interact with the MySQL database and perform CRUD operations.
- Built dBaseView, a contact management app in PHP using Metro UI and PHP-MySqli library for database support (https://github.com/psych0der/DbaseView).
- Introduced Git and tracked older projects in Git.
- Created authentication APIs.
- Created OAuth 2 connector for Google and Facebook.
Time Doctor Dashboard Skeletonhttps://github.com/psych0der/time-doctor-analytics-dashboard
React, Node.js, React Redux, Protobuf, Socket.IO, MobX, LocalStorage, Web Worker, HTML5 Web Workers, Requests, REST APIs, Slack API
REST, Back-end Architecture, Agile, Design Patterns, Scrum
AWS Lambda, Drone CI, Docker, Firebase, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Debian, MacOS, iOS, Contentful, Netlify, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2
SSH, Front-end, Lambda Functions, Amazon API Gateway, APIs, API Gateways, HTML5 Video, HTTP REST, Axios, Gatsby, TypeORM, Chrome Extensions, Amazon Route 53, Relational Database Services (RDS), Cloud, Flux Architecture, Gunicorn, Cryptocurrency APIs, Platform Design, Service Workers, WebSockets
Docker Compose, GitLab CI/CD, Shell, AWS CLI, NGINX, Git, Xcode, AWS Fargate, Supervisor, Celery, PM2, uWSGI, MongoDB Shell, Ansible, Mocha, Mongoose, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Slack, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS)
LAMP Server, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, JSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, InfluxDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Jaypee Institute of Information technology - Noida, India