Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Software Developer
Mazen is a DevOps engineer with four years of experience. Apart from having developing skills in a Unix and Linux environment and being an expert in several flavors of Linux, he has excellent knowledge in automating and optimizing mission-critical deployments, leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes. Mazen can deliver innovative solutions with his strong understanding of computer security, numerous applications, and mixed platforms.
Linux, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Python, Bash, Azure DevOps, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Information Technology
The most amazing...
...thing I've delivered is a solution that saved the project hosted on AWS with performance issues caused by high traffic.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Worked side by side with developers, product managers, product owners, program managers, and key executives to plan ongoing feature development and product maintenance.
- Implemented a new process and policies for the build process and was involved in auditing; built a continuous integration environment in Jenkins and a continuous delivery environment.
- Orchestrated microservices through Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Provided management, maintenance, monitoring, automation, and infrastructure as code for microservices in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Created and maintained highly scalable, fault-tolerant, multitier AWS environments spanning multiple availability zones using Terraform.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale, and manage Docker containers with multiple namespaced versions on Amazon EKS.
- Involved in maintaining the IAM user accounts. Actively managed, improved, and monitored the cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, EKS, Route 53, VPC, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Monitored, built, and deployed software releases and supported production deployments.
- Wrote Ansible scripts to automatically install and configure system components, which saved 40% of the time.
- Automated security upgrades by writing scripts; cut vulnerabilities by 15%.
- Set up and managed 30+ Linux servers with 99.9% uptime.
- Managed Azure DevOps repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to help break up monolithic apps into microservices.
- Created CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins to cut release times by 20%.
- Managed various services such as EC2, S3 Bucket, Route 53, ELB, and EBS.
- Collected the new technologies and tools and introduced them to the company, which helped build up an agile development environment. It improved the product quantity and work efficiency.
Linux System Engineer
- Set up and managed 50 Linux servers with 99.95% uptime, including system security, backup, recovery, network, and repair administration.
- Built and configured RHEL and CentOS over 100 VMs and monitored daily operations of VMware servers.
- Migrated VMware virtual machines to AWS while maintaining availability.
My task was to create the infrastructure from scratch with Terraform scripts to make it highly available, scalable, and fault-tolerant. I also designed a CI/CD pipeline using Docker layer caching for faster building and releasing.
I built the project on microservices architecture with 30+ microservices connected through a service bus. It's deployed on EKS.
AWS Cloud Security Improvements
I configured the ELK stack to ingest the output of running Cloud Custodian and use that data to create reporting dashboards.
NGINX, Apache, Git, Jenkins, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Amazon EKS, Terraform, Ansible, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, AWS CLI, Zabbix, GitHub, RabbitMQ, Red Hat Satellite, Vault
Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps
Linux, LEMP, LAMP, Docker, Amazon EC2, CentOS, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean, cPanel, Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Memcached, MySQL, MongoDB
Amazon RDS, Cloudflare, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Site Reliability, Containers, SMTP, CI/CD Pipelines, Information Technology, AWS Cloud Architecture, Amazon Route 53, Software, Programming, Argo CD, AWS DevOps, Agile DevOps, GitOps
Bash, Bash Script, SQL, Python
Jenkins Pipeline, GitHub API
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Suez Canal University - Ismailia, Egypt