NLP Lead — Senior ML Engineer2021 - 2021Merantix
Technologies: Python 3, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), PyTorch, Docker, Software Architecture, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), OOP Designs
- Consulted clients as well as internal stakeholders about NLP projects.
- Developed some components and modules within the MLOps infrastructure.
- Created a roadmap for developing NLP software components, packages, and pipelines concerning market signals.
- Developed a label analysis package to evaluate the quality of the labels in labeled data.
Senior Data Scientist2018 - 2020omni:us
Technologies: Docker, Deep Learning, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Python
- Developed and deployed a highly scalable and customizable document classification pipeline for multilabel and multiclass classification based on deep neural networks.
- Studied and integrated transfer learning anomaly detection and multitask learning in order to improve the performance of the deployed classification and existing named entity recognition (NER) micro-services.
- Carried out statistical, distributional, and syntactic analysis of textual data to improve downstream models' performance.
- Co-advised M.Sc theses on NER and active learning.
- Developed a text-to-text mapping service based on a siamese neural network.
Data Scientist2017 - 2018Market Logic Software
Technologies: Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, PyTorch, Python
- Developed and deployed deep learning-based NLU and NLG services for a chatbot and a reinforcement learning-based dialogue manager for some consumer goods and technology world leaders.
- Developed and deployed a text classification pipeline with active learning.
- Developed a data analytics prototype for extracting trends and hidden marketing insights from market research documents.
- Researched question answering, NLG, and abstractive summarization and studied the feasibility and performance of cutting-edge models in production.
- Researched and studied the feasibility of different methods for leveraging huge incoming client inputs to train the existing models in real time.
NLP Engineer2011 - 2012UNDL Foundation
Technologies: MATLAB, Java
- Researched and developed statistical models for extraction and alignment of idiomatic expressions across nine European languages.
- Employed high-performance computing to handle big data.
- Carried out research and published scientific articles.