Adjunct Professor2018 - PRESENTUniversity of Saskatchewan
Technologies: Mathematics and Statistics
- Collaborated with other researchers in scientific projects that involve mathematical modeling.
- Co-supervised graduate students in areas related to optimization and computer science.
Data Scientist2017 - PRESENTGovernment of Saskatchewan
Technologies: Python, SQL
- Designed and implemented pipelines to extract specialized datasets out of the administrative database.
- Using government data, analyzed some of the existing practices to find bottlenecks and optimize procedures.
- Employed machine learning to improve upon decisions made based on standard assessments.
- Evaluated feasibility of new policies to achieve certain goals by employing timeseries analysis and forecasting.
- Made local/provincial evaluation of initiatives in correction, justice, and child welfare.
Consultant2017 - 2018The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science and Justice Studies
Technologies: Python, SPSS, SQL
- Analyzed the risk assessment tool LSI (Level of Service Inventory).
- Applied machine learning to LSI data in order to obtain personalized preventive interventions for offenders.
MITACS Postdoctoral Fellow2015 - 2017University of Saskatchewan
Technologies: Mathematical Modeling, Optimization, Python
- Organized the Saskatoon Police Predictive Analytics Laboratory.
- Built a mathematical simulation of the missing children phenomenon to identify its deriving factors among youth.
- Researched the optimization and moment problem.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow2013 - 2014Nanyang Technological University
Technologies: Mathematical Modeling, Python/SAGE
- Implemented SDP UI for SAGE/Python.
- Researched polynomial and convex optimization.
- Developed the topological moment problem using functional analysis and real algebraic geometry.