Senior Scientist | Mathematician2020 - PRESENTEdmonton Police Service
Technologies: Bayesian Inference & Modeling, Data Visualization, Jupyter, Python, SQL, Scheduling, Stochastic Modeling, Machine Learning, Trend Analysis, Forecasting
- Made adjustments to police communication branch staffing to meet and improve upon national minimum standards.
- Forecasted the impact of COVID-19 on the police force and its corresponding risk analysis.
- Analyzed the transition of heavy drug-users over time. Also, studied the network of drug users/distributors around the city and effective methods for concentrated disruption of drug-related offenses.
Adjunct Professor2018 - PRESENTUniversity of Saskatchewan
Technologies: Statistics, Mathematics
- Collaborated with other researchers in scientific projects that involve mathematical modeling.
- Co-supervised graduate students in areas related to optimization and computer science.
Data Scientist2017 - 2020Government
Technologies: SQL, Python
- Designed and implemented pipelines to extract specialized datasets out of the administrative database.
- Used government data, analyzed some of the existing practices to find bottlenecks, and optimized procedures.
- Employed machine learning to improve upon decisions made based on standard assessments.
- Evaluated feasibility of new policies to achieve certain goals by employing time-series analysis and forecasting.
- Made local/provincial evaluation of initiatives in correction, justice, and child welfare.
Consultant2017 - 2018The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science and Justice Studies
Technologies: SQL, SPSS, Python
- Analyzed the risk assessment tool LSI (Level of Service Inventory).
- Applied machine learning to LSI data in order to obtain personalized preventive interventions for offenders.
MITACS Postdoctoral Fellow2015 - 2017University of Saskatchewan
Technologies: Python, Optimization, Mathematical Modeling
- Organized the Saskatoon Police Predictive Analytics Laboratory.
- Built a mathematical simulation of the missing children phenomenon to identify its deriving factors among youth.
- Researched the optimization and moment problem.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow2013 - 2014Nanyang Technological University
Technologies: Sage, Python, Mathematical Modeling
- Implemented SDP UI for SAGE/Python.
- Researched polynomial and convex optimization.
- Developed the topological moment problem using functional analysis and real algebraic geometry.