- Independent DeveloperFreelance2012 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java, Android, Swift, iOS, SQL, C#, Python, XML
- Developed an Android app which allowed users to search for party venues based on their current locations. Included such functionality as: filtering search results based on distance, cost and user ratings; adding new venues to the app's database; earning credits after rating venues that are redeemable at said venues; and buying party credits or entry passes through PayPal or by credit card.
- Developed an Android app for a private security company, used by their security guards to report guard patrol activities, arrests, or incidents to their supervisors. Through GPS, barcode scanning, and advanced camera features, the app was able to ensure that the guards were patrolling as their duty required. Further, a desktop client, developed in C# .NET, was also provided to allow supervisors to view all data and reports generated by the app. Finally, the app allowed both guards to print traffic tickets and reports from the app using a Bluetooth printer, and supervisors to communicate and assign tasks to guards from their desktop through push messaging.
- Utilized Git and JIRA for source control and issue tracking. Developed using MVC with Agile methodologies.
- Designed and developed a Microsoft Excel-like spreadsheet widget for Android.
- Developed an Android app which allowed users to take or upload photos and apply basic filters before sharing them on Facebook and Twitter. Further, users could schedule their posts to upload at a certain time.
- Independent DeveloperFreelance2011 - PRESENT
Technologies: Android, Java, iOS, Swift, SQL, C#, XML, PHP
- Developed an Android-based taxi booking system with two separate Android apps and a database server based on a RESTful API. Passengers were able search for nearby taxis and filter by type of car available, as well as select from nearby places of interest (e.g., airports, train stations, hotels, restaurants) or designate a location on a map as their target destination. After sending out their request, taxi drivers would then be notified via push notification, which would include the details of the request and the option to accept or decline. If accepted, then the passenger would be notified by push message and a live route to the pick-up location would be sketched on a map, which would track the locations of both the driver and the passenger. The pair could also communicate by sending messages through the app. Finally, passengers could pay through the app using PayPal or credit card, as well as rate the driver's service at the end of the ride.
- Developed an Android app for a courier delivery company which connected to a central server through a RESTful web service. The app was used to track the delivery of packages and send reports back to the server. Supervisors could track deliveries and review delivery reports through an online control panel. In addition, a digital signature verification algorithm was implemented as part of the job.
- Developed an Android app for finding childcare services. Users were able to perform location-based searches, read client reviews, and contact childcare centers, all through the application. Further, the app provided driving directions and real-time navigation to childcare centers, as well as the ability to both review childcare centers and report their services to local authorities, if necessary.
- Implemented several image warping algorithms on Android, including bulge effect, explosion, implosion, etc.
- Developed an Android app for budget tracking and automatic budget population which would take in data input from the user (e.g., location, profession, income, expenses) and generate a suggested budget using statistical data that would both keep the user's constraints in mind and maximize savings.
- Lead EngineerCredntia2017 - 2017
Technologies: Android, iOS, Go, Firebase, Parse, Encryption, OpenCV
- Led the planning, development, scaling, and deployment of the Android app.
- Chose a new architecture for the iOS app for better performance, suggested new DBMS and security enhancement for proper encryption and protection of data.
- Designed and implemented a new architecture for the Android app for better performance, stability and scale.
- Worked with the team to design data structure and infrastructure for the Parse and Firebase(later) backend.
- Worked with the team to design a secured REST API for public exposure.
- Developed a new barcode scanner library for Android based on Google's Mobile Vision API.
- Developed an OpenCV based mobile vision library that can detect ID documents (i.e., passport, driver’s license) in real time using the device camera.