Software Developer2018 - PRESENTVNGRS
Technologies: Scala, Java, Akka, Play Framework, PostgreSQL, AWS, ElasticSearch
- Worked with a startup located in Dubai named "Beam Payment" for a complete handover of the company.
- Migrated Beam's all data and AWS infrastructure as well as all the knowledge about the application.
- Improved Beam's development cycles by adding CI and Automated tests.
- Introduced Agile Methodology to Beam team and helped them to work with Scrum.
- Helped Beam to build a new tech team and developed new features by working closely with them.
Software Developer2017 - 2018VOLE
Technologies: Scala, Akka, Play Framework, MongoDB, AWS, ElasticSearch
- Designed and developed VOLE(volley), a vertical social media startup. You can think of it like specialized (Instagram/Twitter) for sports fans.
- Developed a product called MVSN, which you can use to create a new vertical social platform easily.
- Used MVSN for creating a platform for housewives named PUDRA(powder).
- Handled relatively good traffic for a 1-year startup (100,000 monthly active users, 500 concurrent average, 10,000 peak on weekends).
- Managed development, deployment, and monitoring of the app.
Software Developer, Team Lead2016 - 2017Metglobal
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Managed and improved an algorithm for unifying hotel information for ~600,000 hotels, incoming from >40 different providers.
- Provided unified and properly formatted hotel data to other internal teams and external consumer companies.
- Handled internal communication with other team leads and partner companies(both consumer and provider).
- Monitored and fine-tuned mismatches and potential issues within the data.
- Led a team of 6 developers.
Software Developer, Team Lead2013 - 2016VNGRS
Technologies: Scala, Java, Android, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Play Framework, Akka, AWS, Spring, MsSQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Spark
- Worked within several teams for startups located all around the world.
- Contributed to open source tools such as Scala, Sublime Text and Play Framework.
- Spoke at public conferences, wrote blog posts helped developing an open source tool.
- Used Agile technologies within all projects and helped startups to improve their development lifecycles.
- Led a team of 5 for a company called YellowPepper. The team developed a loyalty application for SpaFinder.com, a startup located in New York. Team also developed a service for mobile banking application for Banco Pichincha, a major bank on Ecuador.
- Worked on a team for Leaf, a mobile payment startup located in Boston.
- Worked on a team for Ardic Technologies, An associate of Intel who expertise on secure mobile device management. The team developed a SaaS platform for small businesses such as restaurant to manage their tablets.
- Worked on a team for Yoyo, a local hourly car rental service. The team reimplemented their service for car communication and command management for operations such as locking, starting/stopping and tracking the car. It was a load intensive operation since there were >2,000 cars and a single car was sending >10 requests per second.
Intern, Junior Developer2011 - 20134Primes
- Started as an intern. Continued as part-time after the internship. Moved on as full time later on.
- Worked on a project called Kaynakca.info. A forum/portal for keeping a record of books, writers, publishers, academic publications, citations, etc.
- Worked with Scala and Lightbend(Typesafe) ecosystem. Followed Martin Odersky's "Functional Programming Principles in Scala" lesson on Coursera.
- Worked with Agile Methodologies, VCS, and other development tools and techniques.