Founder | Software Engineer2015 - PRESENT20 Satır
Technologies: Node.js, React, React Native, AngularJS, MongoDB
- Developed a product for a company using Node.js and React. The product is used for recording children's measurements on tests such as 20-meter races and vertical jumps. According to these measurements, the product recommends the most suitable sports according to their talents and other attributes. The product consists of an end-to-end solution with a panel for keeping track of these measurements and showing the progress of kids throughout the years. Parents have the chance to signup their kids for the program and track their progress through another panel.
- Implemented a React Native-based mobile app for the leading complaint platform of Turkey. Implemented the main structure of the app and Android platform; my work on this app contributed to the rapid development happening with React Native at that time. The app consists of video uploading, complex form manipulations, long list views, animations, and push notifications.
- Developed a report framework and dashboard using AngularJS and Node.js for Viafone a Dubai-based startup that provides loyalty programs for shopping malls. Fixed some performance problems at the back-end by creating aggregated data collections and restructuring data stored in MongoDB to make it possible for querying data. Used Angular UI-Grid library for the report pages.
- Created an onboarding merchant flow for one of the leading eCommerce company of Turkey in a couple of weeks using Angular. Had the chance of working on a Docker environment.
- Built the flight reservation feature of a travel reservation application using React for Troy Bilişim. Organized the main structure of the front-end application and taught React to colleagues.
- Improved an Angular project of Reztoran.com which is a booking system for restaurants used in Turkey similar to OpenTable. Developed, in a week, many pages of the system and the signup and Facebook login.
Team Lead | React Native/Back-end Developer2018 - 2018Swish Video
Technologies: React Native, Node.js, MongoDB
- Led a team of three to release a curated video player using React Native and Node.js as the technology stack.
- Implemented an animation-heavy video player using YouTube video players; implemented a swipe feature where you can move on to the next video. It was quite a challenge thanks to YouTube's restrictions that ensured ads were displayed.
- Installed a RESTful API using Node.js and MongoDB as the data layer.
- Implemented the leader-board logic to improve social engagement of users on the platform.
- Added a push notification service to the mobile app.
React Native Mobile Developer | Node Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Hostmaker
Technologies: React Native, Node.js
- Developed an Android application for the operation team using React Native to smooth their daily operations throughout the day. Released the app in the Play Store for production and used the Hockey app for development releases.
- Created a test framework for a mobile app using Mocha, Chai, Sinon, and Jest. Integrated Google Analytics and Bugsnag.
- Proposed the modular domain based folder structure of the back-end API the team adapted. Wrote sample domain modules.
- Created a testing framework for the back-end which clears the test database and runs automated tests for crud endpoints. Used Mocha, Chai, and Sinon.
- Wrote some of the endpoints for the rest of the system using Epilogue and Sequelize with MySQL.
Back-end Node Developer2016 - 2016LethalBet
Technologies: Node.js, React
- Implemented retrieving online game results from a third-party API.
- Invalidated the cache after new deployment of front-end using Webpack's chunk-hash feature.
- Integrated the OfferWall API to the system to distribute gold to the users.
- Improved the deployment procedure of the back-end and front-end projects.
- Fixed several bugs on both the back-end and front-end.
Lead Back-end Engineer2014 - 2015BiTaksi
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, AngularJS
- Converted an in-house panel to AngularJS by adding many new features which eased the work of the call center. Also implemented a dashboard and a live map where it is possible to see the number of calls and rides; enabled it to create a fast drill-down analysis on many metrics by storing the data as a state machine.
- Implemented a DSL for creating automated campaigns for users and loyalty program for taxi drivers using Node.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS.
- Refactored the back-end of the application to make it easier for developers to work together by modularizing the services and writing unit and integration tests with Mocha.
- Implemented the back-end part of Twilio for VOIP support.
- Integrated the payment system of BKM to our app by using their SOAP API; implemented the EasySoap library of Node to ease the integration.
Software Engineer2011 - 2014Saftaş - InsightRadar
Technologies: Java, JSF, MongoDB, Redis, Angular
- Used the Twitter API and Java for saving all the Turkish tweets (approximately more than 10 million tweets per day in that time) to MongoDB.
- Found influential users about a topic using machine learning algorithms. Stored n-grams in Redis to decide sentiment of a tweet by splitting it into n-grams.
- Developed a panel using JSF for clients to analyze tweets, digital news, and Facebook posts about their tracked keywords.
- Implemented a social media rating platform called Somera for calculating ratings of TV shows using AngularJS and JSF with Java.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Banksoft
Technologies: .NET, MS SQL, Visual Basic
- Implemented a courier tracking system for Finansbank. Also written many T-SQL stored procedures for creating campaigns.
- Upgraded, with a team, the MS SQL servers to a newer version for Credit Europe Moscow (Russian bank).
- Fixed bugs related to a credit card application from Halkbankası and Ziraat Bankası.
Junior Developer | Master Student2009 - 2009Adversitement
- Developed a recommendation engine for online hotel reservation sites using Adversitement's web analytics tool.
- Fixed the bugs of in-house used products.