Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTPortchain
Technologies: Node.js, React, PostgreSQL
- Added automated tests to verify the data import process using Jest and test builders.
- Integrated new pages to the admin interface.
Technologies: React, Node.js
- Worked on the release of a new design of the main website.
- Implemented from end to end an image-upload feature for members of the website.
- Performed responsive design fixes.
- Implemented a cookie consent feature.
- Researched which WYSIWYG editor to use and selected Slate with the consent of the team.
Tech Lead and Principal Engineer2017 - 2019Hostmaker
Technologies: Node.js, MySQL, React, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kinesis, SQS
- Led the team that automated the invoice process for hosts and improving the finance data process.
- Developed the reservation and payment flow on API for the tributeportfoliohomes.com as part of Marriott partnership.
- Spearheaded the channel manager integration to store reservations, payments, availability records, and more.
- Implemented history logs for storing all the database changes on MySQL using binary logs and AWS Kinesis.
- Implemented the sending scheduled notifications using Redis.
Team Lead | React Native/Back-end Developer2018 - 2018Swish Video
Technologies: React Native, Node.js, MongoDB
- Led a team of three to release a curated video player using React Native and Node.js as the technology stack.
- Implemented an animation-heavy video player using YouTube video players; implemented a swipe feature where you can move on to the next video. It was quite a challenge thanks to YouTube's restrictions that ensured ads were displayed.
- Installed a RESTful API using Node.js and MongoDB as the data layer.
- Implemented the leader-board logic to improve social engagement of users on the platform.
- Added a push-notification service to the mobile app.
React Native Mobile Developer | Node Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Hostmaker
Technologies: React Native, Node.js
- Developed an Android application for the operation team using React Native to smooth their daily operations throughout the day. Released the app in the Play Store for production and used the Hockey app for development releases.
- Created a test framework for a mobile app using Mocha, Chai, Sinon, and Jest. Integrated Google Analytics and Bugsnag.
- Proposed the modular domain-based folder structure of the back-end API the team adapted; also wrote sample domain modules.
- Created a testing framework for the back-end which clears the test database and runs automated tests for crud endpoints. Used Mocha, Chai, and Sinon.
- Wrote some of the endpoints for the rest of the system using Epilogue and Sequelize with MySQL.
Back-end Node.js Developer2016 - 2016LethalBet
Technologies: Node.js, React
- Implemented the retrieval of online game results from a third-party API.
- Invalidated the cache after new deployment of front-end using Webpack's chunk-hash feature.
- Integrated the OfferWall API to the system to distribute gold to the users.
- Improved the deployment procedure of the back-end and front-end projects.
- Fixed several bugs on both the back end and front end.
Lead Back-end Engineer2014 - 2015BiTaksi
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, AngularJS
- Converted an in-house panel to AngularJS by adding many new features that eased the work of the call center. Also implemented a dashboard and a live map where it is possible to see the number of calls and rides; enabled it to create a fast drill-down analysis on many metrics by storing the data as a state machine.
- Implemented a DSL for creating automated campaigns for users and loyalty program for taxi drivers using Node.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS.
- Refactored the back end of the application to make it easier for developers to work together by modularizing the services and writing unit and integration tests with Mocha.
- Implemented the back-end part of Twilio for VOIP support.
- Integrated the payment system of BKM to our app by using their SOAP API; implemented the EasySoap library of Node to ease the integration.
Software Engineer2011 - 2014Saftaş | InsightRadar
Technologies: Java, JSF, MongoDB, Redis, Angular
- Used the Twitter API and Java for saving all the Turkish tweets (approximately more than 10 million tweets per day in that time) to MongoDB.
- Found influential users about a topic using machine learning algorithms. Stored n-grams in Redis to decide sentiment of a tweet by splitting it into n-grams.
- Developed a panel using JSF for clients to analyze tweets, digital news, and Facebook posts about their tracked keywords.
- Implemented a social media rating platform called Somera for calculating ratings of TV shows using AngularJS and JSF with Java.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Banksoft
Technologies: .NET, MS SQL, Visual Basic
- Implemented a courier tracking system for Finansbank and wrote many T-SQL stored procedures for creating campaigns.
- Upgraded, with a team, the MS SQL servers to a newer version for Credit Europe Moscow (Russian bank).
- Fixed bugs related to a credit card application (Halkbankası and Ziraat Bankası).
Junior Developer | Master Student2009 - 2009Adversitement
- Developed a recommendation engine for online hotel reservation sites using Adversitement's web analytics tool.
- Fixed the bugs of in-house used products.