Verified Expert in Engineering
Computer Engineering Developer
Mehmet is a software development and cybersecurity specialist with over ten years of experience. His recent tasks are evaluating security requirements, defining security architectures, designing and implementing security controls, and coordinating security activities for embedded and back-end systems. Mehmet is passionate about creating and developing secure software systems, cloud computing, IoT, embedded systems, and automotive cybersecurity.
Linux, Windows, Microsoft Office, GitLab, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was analyzing highly complex automotive electronic control units (ECUs) and defining architectures for the highest level of security.
Expert Security Architect
- Orchestrated security design decisions across different feature verticals. Ensured a robust and secure posture in products.
- Executed design and implementation of security components and features across multiple layers of an underlying Linux-based platform.
- Identified threats and risks of system components using threat assessment and remediation analysis (TARA).
- Suggested security controls and countermeasures to mitigate identified threats and risks.
- Supported the certification processes according to UNECE R155 and ISO/SAE 21434.
- Contributed to the strategic direction of security-relevant components and activities.
- Analyzed product requirements and commercial strategies. Provided security technology solutions and design choices to support commercial propositions and roadmaps.
- Took end-to-end security ownership of the security information management (SIM) solution. Led adoption and integration across markets through local IT leadership (product architecture).
- Supervised technical and risk assessments and external development teams.
- Worked closely with related people across the organization to define and influence the security strategy for new technologies and business segments. Utilized 5G, IoT, and integrated SIMs.
- Performed vulnerability assessments of (e)SIM and SIM-centric services, SIM periphery, and SIM hardware.
- Ensured security compliance for new integrated services within Vodafone. Drove international security schemes within standardization bodies.
- Ensured the security of cloud infrastructure and applications (SIM/eSIM testing and profile definition tools), including the cloud migration processes.
- Led the coordination and planning of penetration tests.
- Led as a project security manager for a key management solution (KMS). Ensured product security during the whole lifecycle of the KMS product for the company.
- Supported the creation and maintenance of security-relevant work products.
- Led coordination of security process activities within the project.
- Evaluated the system security requirements.
- Performed a security analysis and defined security mitigations.
- Defined the security concept for the product by considering the product and back-end constraints.
- Established the system architecture for products.
Senior Software Developer
- Evaluated system and software requirements of the company's secure mobile communication solutions.
- Designed and developed back-end components for the company's secure mobile communication solutions.
- Tested and deployed several back-end components.
Security Architecture for a Telematics Control Unit (TCU)
Security Management for KMS
Cloud Migration for eSIM tools
Design and Development of a Secure Client Authenticator
C, C++, Java, Python
Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Embedded Linux
Computer Engineering, Security Architecture, Connected Cars, Software Development, Security Management, Software Design, Applied Cryptography, Threat Modeling, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Vulnerability Assessment, CISSP, Security, Architecture, Microsoft Office, Embedded Systems, Internet of Things (IoT), SIM Cards, IoT Security, Cloud Security, Risk Assessment, Source Code Review, Application Security
GitLab, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira
Master's Degree in Information Security Technology
Eindhoven University of Technology - Eindhoven, Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Bilkent University - Ankara, Turkey
Certified Information Security Systems Professional