- Owner2008 - PRESENTCodefocus Web Development
- Developed successful Facebook apps for seasonal, product, and movie promotions.
- Used microdata ("structured data") as well as website speed and code improvements to increase organic traffic for online retailers.
- Managed clients' online advertising campaigns through AdWords, Bing, and Facebook ads.
- Built a domain name management tool that allows me to register, park, edit, or point any of my domains to predetermined hosting platforms.
- Developed sentiment analysis software that categorizes sentences in "positive" or "negative". This same code is used to detect foul language, without the use of a known word-list.
- Architected a high traffic REST API for a mobile investment application, and used Agile to lead its development.
- Architected and led development of an SSO (single sign-on) system, serving over 50,000 realtors and employees of a client in the real estate sector.
- Developed an inventory management application in Laravel, providing forecasts that automate wholesale purchases and reduce warehousing costs.
- Developed an MS SQL-backed Laravel application for a group of nursing homes, allowing staff to manage patients and care plans.
- Senior Web Developer2008 - 2009Reinvent, Inc.
- Supported a growing domain portfolio of over 300,000 names on existing hardware by optimizing database queries and indices.
- Built a real-time recommendation engine in PHP that would recommend new movies based on how users rated other movies.
- Rapidly prototyped several web applications in an Agile development setting.
- Developed jQuery components interfacing with back-end functionality, such as an image cropping tool, a multi-person address bar with auto-complete, and dynamic graphs.
- Designed data models for several high-traffic websites.
- Owner2001 - 2008PAW Projects
- Developed a flexible survey platform from scratch, with detailed reporting options.
- Optimized clients' websites for better search engine positioning.
- Built a niche contextual advertising platform.
- Worked together with local and remote designers to deliver beautiful company websites to clients in the Netherlands.
- Developed an English language skill assessment tool.
- Software Developer2001 - 2003Mavim
Technologies: Visual Basic, C, Perl, PHP, MySQL
- Worked as part of the core team on all parts of the workflow application, Mavim.
- Reverse engineered a proprietary binary file format, to extract images, documents, and meta information.
- Designed various database models for internal websites and the desktop application.
- Developed a WYSIWYG website builder that generated a flat file website from the workflow components in the database.
- Built a pop-up image editor with full undo/redo functionality.
- Software Developer1999 - 2001Unisys
Technologies: Visual Basic, C++, Oracle
- Developed custom call center software on-site at telecom companies throughout Europe, such as KPN, Belgacom, Mobistar, Blu Telecom, and Swisscom.
- Created touchpad, caller ID, and other components reusable on other projects.
- Worked with Genesys and Lucent phone APIs.
- Interfaced with BSCS billing systems.
- Created a thin client for call center agents, based on ActiveX components.