Freelance Front-end Developer2017 - 2018MedChat (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular, Chai, Mocha
- Set up the foundation and architecture of the client's new front-end in Angular.
- Set up continuous integration for deployment of code to production, including automatic deployment of feature branches.
- Developed pages for chat analytics and monitoring with a reusable Redux pattern using ngrx.
- Developed pages for navigating chat logs.
- Supported the team in maintenance of the legacy AngularJS platform.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017BGL Group
- Built a Node.js API using Swagger, Express, and MongoDB to capture entrant information for marketing promotions at comparethemarket.com.
- Built interactive web content to entertain and engage visitors of comparethemeerkat.com.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2016Checkout.com
- Built, tuned, and improved "Checkout Hub," the checkout portal for account administrators and merchants.
- Promoted, encouraged, and demonstrated TDD with AngularJS.
- Automated anything and everything that could be automated using Grunt or Gulp.
Software Engineer2012 - 2015KPMG UK
- Developed full-stack web applications using .NET technologies for the back-end and frameworks such as Knockout.js and AngularJS for the front-end.
- Developed a hybrid HTML5 app with AngularJS, wrapped with PhoneGap for native deployments.
- Presented tech talks on interesting topics such as AngularJS, BDD with Cucumber, and ECMAScript 6.
- MApp, UK Indoor Maps (Development)https://appadvice.com/app/mapp-uk-indoor-maps/689464199
MApp was an iOS app that gave people access to the largest, most comprehensive collection of maps in the UK. Airports, museums, shopping centers, zoos, and more, all from a single point of entry! Though it's no longer live on the App Store, I've always been quite proud of it as my first app for iOS. It made it to the list of top 10 apps in the Travel category despite a rather notable dearth in marketing, and it was mentioned on multiple tech news sites, including Gizmodo.
- Nativescript-pdf-view (Development)http://go.merott.com/nativescript-pdf-view
A basic and open-source PDF viewer plugin for NativeScript, to display PDF documents on iOS and Android.
- Semantic-release-codeship-example (Development)http://go.merott.com/semantic-release-codeship-example
An open-source sample project to serve as a reference for setting up automatic NPM releases with semantic versioning, using semantic-release and Codeship CI.
FrameworksAngularJS, Angular, Jasmine, Graphcool, Ionic, NativeScript, Swagger
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile, Continuous Integration (CI)
Libraries/APIsngrx/store, ngrx, Chai, jQuery, Node.js
ToolsPivotal Tracker, Mocha, Gulp.js, Grunt, Git, GitLab, GitHub, Webpack
OtherDebugging, Mentorship, Open Source
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Communications Technology2007 - 2010Queen Mary, University of London - London, UK