Verified Expert in Engineering
Full Stack Developer
Mertcan is a back-end developer with more than three years of experience in the IT industry. He started his programming journey by coding flash games as the concept of creating something from scratch has been his biggest motivation. Mertcan has specialized in developing the back-end APIs and various features for eCommerce websites.
Linux, JetBrains Rider, PyCharm, MacOS
The most amazing...
...codebase I've contributed to is an omnichannel eCommerce platform used by millions of customers.
- Maintained an omnichannel eCommerce infrastructure used by millions of customers.
- Contributed to the API integration processes of big marketplace websites such as Amazon, Hepsiburada, and Trendyol.
- Tracked bugs using software like Sentry, AWS CloudWatch, and Metabase.
- Added new features to the back-end API for the eCommerce websites of big brands such as Lacoste, Samsung, and GAP.
- Developed the back-end API for a B2B eCommerce platform with a team of engineers.
- Proposed the use of CQRS and DDD architecture to ensure maintainability and scalability. Oversaw the implementation of said architecture with success.
- Wrote unit tests and integration tests using NUnit.
- Developed a casual mobile game as the sole developer with a team of designers.
- Used Unity3D game engine and C# language to implement the game functionality.
- Oversaw the launch process of the game on App Store and Google Play Store and handled store-specific integrations related to the monetization, ads, and leaderboards.
- Developed various websites with a team of designers, ranging from static websites to single-page applications.
- Helped clients acquire insights for their websites by providing dashboards with analytics data using Google Analytics API.
- Oversaw the deployment processes to AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS S3.
The UI is intentionally designed precisely as the original Instagram website to showcase the capabilities of working with Tailwind CSS to create fully customized UIs. I handled the project from start to finish, including modeling the database, writing the first line of code, and deploying the website.
I developed it using the Unity3D game engine and incorporated features such as game center integrations, leaderboards, in-app purchases, and achievements.
.NET Core, Django, Django REST Framework, ASP.NET Core, Unity3D, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Laravel, Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap, Nuxt.js, Express.js, Jinja, NestJS, NUnit, Vuetify, Next.js
Vue, React, Node.js
MATLAB, Sentry, Amazon CloudWatch, Google Analytics
REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, Microservices Architecture, CQRS, Clean Architecture
APIs, Bootstrap 4, Metabase, Google Play Store, App Store, Engineering, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Admin Panels, Dashboards, TypeORM
Linux, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Arduino, MacOS
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch
Bachelor's Degree in Control Engineer
Istanbul Technical University - Istanbul, Turkey
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring