Verified Expert in Engineering
Ruby on Rails Developer
Meysam is a software engineer with expertise in enhancing reliability and tackling complex technical challenges at Amazon AWS. He was a lead integrator of Yuhu with Yardi, driving comprehensive rearchitecting and significantly improving performance. He has a proven ability to optimize systems, enhance loading speeds, and mitigate complex issues. His personal projects include Aligno, a cutting-edge project management tool, and Guessgoals, a pioneering Bitcoin-based soccer betting platform.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Next.js, Docker, React, Elixir, Node.js, Microservices, Ruby
The most amazing...
...product I've designed and built is Aligno.io. Aligno is a project management tool tailored specifically for software developers.
Software Engineer II
- Designed and executed a three-service POC for efficient transformation, ingestion, and querying of time-series data, facilitating trend data visualization for Amazon CodeCatalyst teams.
- Collaborated with AWS CodeDeploy and AWS CodeBuild teams on a project to parameterize errors in CodeCatalyst workflow actions, fostering cross-team synergy and ensuring seamless integration.
- Enhanced the reliability of CodeCatalyst's action handler by implementing service idempotence, showcasing strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail. Successfully resolved deployment challenges arising from service interdependence.
Senior Software Developer
- Designed and developed an Elixir-based banner ad tracking service deployed on Amazon ECS using Terraform and GitHub Actions. Ingested over 100 million tracking records in under five months.
- Implemented a streaming solution to seamlessly transfer data from the tracking service to Google's BigQuery, leveraging cloud functions.
- Refactored the admin front end to use Vue instead of Vanilla JS.
Lead Software Engineer
- Spearheaded the integration of Yuhu with Yardi, the market's leading property management software.
- Led the comprehensive rearchitecting of Yuhu payments and leasing system, involving extensive knowledge gathering, documentation, and iterative design reviews with the team.
- Improved Yuhu Landlord Portal loading speed by implementing pagination, eager loading, and streamlined logging. Achieved a minimum tenfold increase in loading speed and efficient identification of n+1 query issues.
- Mitigated frequent server crashes caused by memory overload at Yuhu by implementing optimized serialization, ensuring stable performance.
- Developed asynchronous seeding API endpoints for seamless client onboarding with millions of records. Efficiently managed computational load using micro jobs for uninterrupted server performance.
Founder and Principal Developer
- Designed, developed, and launched a business plan for a crypto-based sports betting website.
- Employed test-driven development while achieving 90% test coverage.
- Designed and developed a bitcoin-based payment service with features such as accepting incoming funds, spending unconfirmed funds, reverting payments, requesting a payout, refunding a micro-transaction, etc.
- Deployed a Next.js front-end app and Rails API on AWS EC2 using Capistrano and Nginx reversed proxy.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Designed Object-Oriented models for the back-end of three primary ongoing projects.
- Initiated front-end implementation for two key ongoing projects.
- Contributed to the incremental development of features in both front and back ends.
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant
University of Alberta
- Worked with 15 student teams during four semesters, training and evaluating them, constructing applications for different platforms including web, mobile, and desktop.
- Held front-end and back-end development classes, focusing on domain design, REST, and SPAs.
- Led teams of three to five undergrad students to build real-world applications for real clients. Developed products for different platforms such as mobile, web, and desktop.
My contribution to this project was designing and implementing the API from scratch that is used as the back end of the mobile application.
Features of this website include private and public groups, company pages, live chatting, posting, sharing, likes, and comments.
I have designed and implemented the front and back end of this project from scratch.
I designed, developed, and launched this business plan as a solo developer.
I designed the back end of this project from scratch; I then worked on implementing features on the front and back end in collaboration with another developer at Mobovivo.
As the principal developer, I developed the entire front and back end of the project (first three epics: authentication, onboarding wizard, and dashboard) and deployed it for a Toptal client.
I contributed to this project by implementing features and performing refactoring tasks on the front and back end.
I have been working as a lead engineer on the optimization, refactoring, and feature expansion of the company's main web application.
I designed this project as a hands-on exercise to learn Elixir and Phoenix.
Banner Ad tracking service
Redux, Phoenix, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Next.js, Ruby on Rails 5, AngularJS, Express.js, Django, MUI (Material UI), Tailwind CSS
Node.js, React, Sidekiq, REST APIs, Stripe, Stripe API, Stripe Connect, Stripe Connect API
RSpec, GitHub, Amazon EBS, Sketch, NGINX, Capistrano, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Terraform, RabbitMQ, Cloud Dataflow, Cucumber
REST, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Unit Testing, Serverless Architecture, MEAN Stack, Continuous Integration (CI), Microservices
Amazon EC2, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Firebase, AWS Lambda
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Databases, MySQL, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, Redis
Single-page Applications (SPA), APIs, Semantic UI, Back-end Development, Front-end, Back-end, Front-end Development, Full-stack Development, Puma, CI/CD Pipelines, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Google BigQuery, Google Cloud Functions, Product Design, Architecture, Generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI), AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Styled-components
Master's Degree in Computer Science (Software Engineering)
University of Alberta - Edmonton, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
University of Tehran - Tehran, Iran