Python Developer in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member since January 21, 2017
At his core, Michael is a software and security engineer, but he is also a proficient developer with knowledge of many areas including web development, computer science, security, TCP/IP and network programming, mobile development, Unix/Linux administration, machine learning, mathematics, and physics. Michael has experience working remotely and he joined Toptal for the opportunity to work on more quality projects.
Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTMicrosoft
Technologies: PowerShell, C#
- Supported the exchange security and networking inside Office 365.
- Developed technologies to monitor services at scale.
Back-end Engineer2017 - 2017Senseta
Technologies: Django, Firebase, Selenium
- Created and maintained Django APIs that support services for new products.
- Developed Flask APIs that support internal services.
- Built Firebase Python connectors that share resources with AngularJS Apps.
- Developed Selenium bots that consume web pages.
Back-end Developer2015 - 2017Torre Co.
Technologies: CakePHP, Spring, MySQL, AngularJS
- Supported the back-end services for voicebunny.com.
- Developed services from the start to provide new functionality to voicebunny.com.
- Contributed to Torre Research mainly in product market discovery and other diversification opportunities.
- Aided in the modification of small parts of the front-end services and architecture.
- Revamped existing features to generate better acquisition and conversion.
Software Engineer Intern2016 - 2016Microsoft
Technologies: C#, PowerShell, .NET, Active Directory
- Deployed firewall rules to existing active directory instances to reduce the scope of access.
- Implemented monitors for certain services in Windows Servers.
Software Engineer | Full-stack Developer2014 - 2014Auxo
Technologies: Django, AngularJS, Cordova
- Supported several back-end services and front-end services that the company developed on demand.
- Made extensive use of back-end web APIs, front-end web single page applications, and mobile apps.
- Created several products from scratch and maintained other products that the company already had.
FrameworksDjango, Windows PowerShell, AngularJS, Bootstrap
OtherSecurity, Cryptography, Machine Learning, Semantic UI
- Course Certificate in Cryptography I2016 - 2016Stanford via Coursera - Online
- Master's degree in Information Security2015 - 2016Universidad de los Andres - Bogota, Colombia
- Bachelor's degree in Systems and Computer Engineering2011 - 2014Universidad de los Andres - Bogota, Colombia
- Statement of Acomplishment in Machine Learning2012 - 2012Stanford via Coursera - Online