- Freelance Python Developer2017 - 2017Toronto Rentals
- Worked on the website making speed optimizations and general bug fixing.
- Freelance Ruby Developer2017 - 2017FS Studio
- Worked in one of their clients' projects, which was a web-based application, implemented new features and cleaned up several issues.
- Freelance Python Developer2016 - 2016Enplus Advisors, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, SQLAlchemy, AWS RDS
- Worked on the back-end creating the platform to support the ML algorithms.
- Freelance Ruby on Rails Developer2016 - 2016Txt2Give (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby, CoffeeScript, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Git, RSpec, PostgreSQL
- Fixed bugs.
- Implemented new features.
- Added payment options via gateways.
- Freelance Ruby Developer2015 - 2016Marqeta inc.
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, AWS, PostgreSQL, Vagrant, Redis
- Worked on an internal project providing a core of services for the rest of the platforms within the company.
- Freelance Ruby Developer2015 - 2015Jaipur Internet (via Toptal)
- Worked on the client's product, Paper Rater, supporting the platform and implementing NLP solutions for their algorithms.
- Software Architect2011 - 2014Globant
- Architected the systems requested by various clients in different technologies.
- Collaborated with the project manager to coordinate and evaluate the rest of the team providing reports for upper management.
- Designed and implemented internal tools for the company.
- Provided internal training, workshops, and presentations about various topics of interest.
- Participated in the interview process performing technical evaluations for new hires.
- Collaborated to create internal processes and social initiatives for the company.
- Prepared technical proposals, evaluated requirements, and defined proposed architectures to present as part of the SOW for new clients.
- Ruby Consultant2010 - 2011Cubox
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Redis, Sinatra, HighCharts, Scrum, Agile, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Worked as part of a team of independent contractors providing staff augmentation services to clients, implementing Scrum methodology.
- Developed Ruby on Rails applications, including visualization tools such as HighCharts.
- Collaborated on in-house Ruby projects.
- Provided training to external teams for the technologies our company had expertise with.
- Participated and presented internal "Tech Talks" demonstrating some new technologies and/or reviewing code fragments.
- Freelance Senior Python Developer2009 - 2010Replayful
Technologies: Python, Django, SQLAlchemy, OpenFire, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Designed and developed the adly.com and fantalk.tv platforms.
- Led the team by assigning the tasks, defining policies, and assuring the quality of the work from the rest of the team.
- Worked with the clients and generated technical requirements for the team as a business analyst.
- Mentored and coached team members when introducing new technologies, providing the necessary training and follow-up for the correct adoption of the new approaches.
- Python Developer and Scraping Manager2008 - 2009Insophia
Technologies: Python, Scrapy, Twisted, Amazon AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Developed web crawling/screen scraping programs using the Scrapy framework for a variety of sites.
- Worked on improving the Scrapy open source framework by providing patches to the code.
- Organized the assignments for the scraping team, processed requirements from the business team, and provided reports to the rest of the company as Scraping Manager.
- Improved the quality and the internal processes of the company across different areas by suggesting policies and connecting different isolated teams.
- Provided end-to-end response to the bug reports reviewing the impact of the problems on all the involved teams and areas in order to provide a high-level response while maintaining each team's work focus.
- Lead Developer2007 - 2008Uruhost
Technologies: PHP, Ajax, Flex, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Led the team by organizing the works, assigning the tasks, and validating the results of the projects.
- Worked with the client and processed requirements for the team as a business analyst.
- Traveled to the client's offices in different countries to work on-site and present new features.