Lead Back-end Engineer2019 - 2019Topps (via FS Studio)
Technologies: Flask, Python
- Coordinated the work with the CMS and app teams and managed the rest of the back-end team.
- Worked as a de-facto business analyst, defining requirements with the client and processing them into actionable tasks.
- Integrated Amazon GameON and SportRadar APIs.
- Migrated systems from the legacy platform to the new microservices-based architecture.
- Designed the new architecture in compliance with the client's custom conventions and guidelines.
Python Engineer2018 - 2019Harmony Labs (via Toptal)
- Developed automated systems for data consumption and processing.
- Developed a mechanism to handle multiple logins and concurrent execution of the scripts around user verification.
- Collaborated with the team managing legacy code while migrating it to the desired specifications.
- Coordinated our work on the platform with the work of data researchers to whom I provided data.
Senior Python + Ruby on Rails2018 - 2018Nukak Tech (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, Django REST Framework, Django, Python
- Maintained a legacy Rails app.
- Migrated services from Rails to Python.
- Collaborated with the machine learning and data science teams integrating features.
- Participated in discussions about the architecture of the platform.
- Performed code reviews for colleagues.
Freelance Python Developer2017 - 2017Toronto Rentals
- Worked on the website making speed optimizations and general bug fixes.
- Integrated Braintree as a payment solution for subscriptions on the site.
Freelance Ruby Developer2017 - 2017GreatSchools (via FS Studio)
- Implemented new features and cleaned up several issues for a web-based application.
Python Developer2016 - 2016Enplus Advisors, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: SQLAlchemy, Python
- Worked on the back end creating the platform to support the ML algorithms.
- Worked with data pipelines and data processing tools such as Airflow.
- Designed the requirements and system architecture alongside the CTO.
RoR Developer for Payment Processor Integration2016 - 2016Txt2Give (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, RSpec, Git, Ruby on Rails (RoR), CoffeeScript, Ruby
- Reviewed the architecture and fixed bugs on the existing platform.
- Implemented new site features working on the UI/UX and the back-end functionality.
- Added payment options via Stripe and Authorize.net gateways.
Ruby Developer2015 - 2016Marqeta, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, Vagrant, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked on an internal project providing a core of services for the rest of the platforms within the company.
- Collaborated with the team to design and implement new features.
- Learned about different payment methods and gateways.
Ruby Developer2015 - 2015Jaipur Internet (via Toptal)
- Supported the PaperRater platform and implemented NLP solutions for its algorithms.
- Worked alongside the CTO discussing the architecture and technical design approaches.
- Learned about different algorithms for measuring text complexity and other metrics.
Software Architect2011 - 2014Globant
- Architected the systems requested by various clients in different technologies.
- Collaborated with the project manager to coordinate and evaluate the rest of the team providing reports for upper management.
- Designed and implemented internal tools for the company.
- Provided internal training, workshops, and presentations about various topics of interest.
- Participated in the interview process performing technical evaluations for new hires.
- Collaborated to create internal processes and social initiatives for the company.
- Prepared technical proposals, evaluated requirements, and defined proposed architectures to present as part of the statement of work (SOW) for new clients.
Ruby Consultant2010 - 2011Cubox
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Agile, Scrum, Highcharts, Sinatra, Redis, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked as part of a team of independent contractors providing staff augmentation services to clients, implementing Scrum methodology.
- Developed Ruby on Rails applications, including visualization tools such as Highcharts.
- Collaborated on in-house Ruby and Ruby on Rails projects.
- Provided training to external teams for the technologies our company had expertise with.
- Participated and presented internal "Tech Talks" demonstrating some new technologies and/or reviewing code fragments.
Senior Python Developer2009 - 2010Replayful
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Openfire, SQLAlchemy, Django, Python
- Designed and developed the adly.com and fantalk.tv platforms.
- Led the team by assigning the tasks, defining policies, and assuring the quality of the work from the rest of the team.
- Worked with the clients and generated technical requirements for the team as a business analyst.
- Mentored and coached team members when introducing new technologies, providing the necessary training and follow-up for the correct adoption of the new approaches.
Python Developer and Scraping Manager2008 - 2009Insophia
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twisted, Scrapy, Python
- Developed web crawling/screen scraping programs using the Scrapy framework for a variety of sites.
- Worked on improving the Scrapy open-source framework by providing patches to the code.
- Organized the assignments for the scraping team, processed requirements from the business team, and provided reports to the rest of the company as scraping manager.
- Improved the company's quality and internal processes across different areas by suggesting policies and connecting different isolated teams.
- Provided end-to-end responses to the bug reports reviewing the impact of the problems on all the involved teams and areas in order to provide a high-level response while maintaining each team's work focus.
Lead Developer2007 - 2008Uruhost
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Flex, Ajax, PHP
- Led the team by organizing the work, assigning the tasks, and validating the results of the projects.
- Worked with the client and processed requirements for the team as a business analyst.
- Traveled to the client's offices in different countries to work on-site and present new features.