Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTFreelance
- Worked with a non-profit to modernize their online presence, incorporating custom branding, best-practices CSS, CMS functionality, and a responsive mobile-first design.
- Deployed applications to cloud-based service providers, including AWS, Heroku, Netlify, and DigitalOcean.
- Delivered a single-page app for event booking using React/Redux, GraphQL, and a Firebase data back end.
- Reworked a GraphQL data layer for a mentor/social media application with an active user base and complex data requirements, making it more performant and stable.
Software Researcher/Lecturer2007 - 2018University of California, Los Angeles
- Developed Java and Python libraries to automate the analysis of unstructured research data, including data extraction, transformation/processing, modeling, and visualization.
- Developed an open-source R library to address common analytical procedures dealing with high-throughput genomic sequencing data.
- Implemented a software suite to integrate real-time time-series gene expression profiles with clinical and patient outcome data.
- Utilized generalized linear models, Hidden Markov models, and network analysis to identify the gene clusters responsible for a class of fatal neurological disorders.
- Applied the principles of machine learning, including SVNs, k-means and k-modes clustering, and ensemble learning to solve real-world problems.
- Presented my findings and techniques at conferences and published results in peer-reviewed academic journals.