Python Developer in Champaign, IL, United States
Lead Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTblockimmo
Technologies: Ethereum, Smart Contracts, Vue.js, AWS, Serverless, Lambda, GraphQL, Solidity
- Led the software engineering team in building a decentralized blockchain-powered platform for real-estate investments and sales.
- Developed smart contracts running on the Ethereum blockchain and blockimmo's back-end.
- Oversaw all software development and ensured its high quality and alignment with the business and vision.
Freelancer/consultant2015 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Completed various projects in the IoT field. Most freelance work I've done has been embedded firmware development, specifically Bluetooth and wireless applications on nRF5 devices. I've had some consultant/advisory roles related to hardware as well.
Founder2016 - 2018Waya.ai
- Developed an AI-powered dermatologist. With given information including image of the skin condition under question, patient demographics, symptoms, and more, we provide a diagnosis (if possible).
- Developed Deep/machine learning in Python using the pytorch and keras/tensorflow frameworks.
- Served models in production via Node.js (front-end) and Python (back-end).
- Crawled the publicly indexable web and pulling relevant data/meta-data.
- Wrote various blogs on some of the deep learning approaches I've employed to solve this problem: https://email@example.com as well as releasing code: https://github.com/wayaai.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- Led development team on a tool for Bluetooth Smart Mesh applications.
- Developed and maintained cross-platform tools for programming/debugging nRF5 series devices using Python and C++.
- Provided technical support to some of our largest customers and production programming tool manufacturers.
Founder and Developer2014 - 2015Sudden Impact Analytics
Technologies: Embedded C, Hardware
- Built and led a team to create a concussion-detecting mouthguard that alerts coaches and parents of severe head impacts via BLE.
- Developed all hardware and firmware, including specifying the BOM, designing the custom PCB in Altium, coordinating manufacturing, writing and testing all firmware, and testing the final system.
- Integrated with cofounder developing the mobile app to define a specific communication protocol and alerting behavior.
- Awarded 2nd place among over 100 competitors and $20,000 in funding at the Cozad New Venture Competition.
Intern2014 - 2014Intel, Inc
Technologies: Python, VBA
- Documented the entire power distribution network of one of Intel’s largest semiconductor fabrication labs.
- Created command-line tools to automate manually-intensive data entry processes (Python).
- SimGANs - a Game Changer in Unsupervised Learning, Self Driving Cars, and More (Development)https://github.com/wayaai/SimGAN
Implementation of Apple's Learning from Simulated and Unsupervised Images through Adversarial Training. Corresponding blog post: https://blog.waya.ai/simgans-applied-to-autonomous-driving-5a8c6676e36b.
- Deep Adversarial Learning is Finally Ready and Will Radically Change the Game (Development)https://github.com/wayaai/GAN-Sandbox
Various stable implementations of GAN architectures (i.e. ACGan, InfoGAN, Improved wGAN) and other promising variations of GANs (i.e. GAN hacks, local adversarial loss, etc...). Corresponding blog post: https://medium.com/intuitionmachine/deep-adversarial-learning-is-finally-ready-and-will-radically-change-the-game-f0cfda7b91d3.
FrameworksServerless Framework, Flask, Electron.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Libraries/APIsKeras, Google Vision API, Beautiful Soup, Requests, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Google APIs, GitHub API, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Bing API, Node.js, Web3.js
ToolsGit, GitHub, JetBrains, AWS Rekognition, AWS CloudFormation
ParadigmsServerless Architecture, Iterative Programming, Lambda Architecture, Functional Programming, Data Science, REST, Test-driven Development (TDD)
PlatformsAWS Lambda, Blockchain Platforms, Messenger Bots, Heroku, AWS EC2, Blockchain, Ethereum, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Ubuntu, iOS, Linux
StorageAWS DynamoDB, AWS S3, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
OtherBlockchain Technology, Ethereum Open Source, Lambda Functions, Writing, Documentation, AWS Cloud Architecture, Data Engineering, BLE, Bluetooth, Smart Contracts, ERC20, Tokenomics, Tokenization, Decentralized Systems, Decentralized Applications, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), Chatbots, APIs, Deep Learning, Hardware, Data, Machine Learning, Ethereum Smart Contracts, DApps, Serverless, Cryptography, Bash Scripting
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)2011 - 2015Univeristy of Illinois (UIUC) - Urbana-Champaign, IL