Verified Expert in Engineering
Michael has seven years of experience working on Ruby on Rails applications. He has developed various projects, from SMS message scheduling and interaction apps to home garden sprinkler design websites. He has expertise in integrations, tracking, warehousing, and data collection.
Git, MacVim, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on is an SMS message scheduling system that allows for scheduling and interactive responses in multiple languages.
- Designed a system integrating multiple rails applications.
- Built and maintained both Twilio and Open Market integrations for various SMS clients.
- Integrated RabbitMQ to handle Asynchronous cross-server communication.
- Migrated services from Rackspace Virtual Cloud Server and RabbitMQ to AWS servers and SQS.
- Built Integration with a Druid.io data warehouse.
- Handled a symptom tracker for a medical trial, and integrated the PDF builder, printer and mailer.
- Managed client communication and task delegation for a small development team.
- Wrote the back end for a smart home system.
- Developed the back end for a golf shop.
- Worked on the pathing algorithm for a sprinkler system designer.
- Developed the font-end design for a sprinkler designer.
- Coded the architecture for an SMS system.
Rip Road Compass
* Scheduling and sending messages at specific times with variations based on program needs, the consumer time zone, and other attributes specific to each consumer.
* Created content for the SMS based on program needs, consumer language, and other consumer attributes.
* Collected data for surveys and symptom trackers, and displayed them in customizable views.
* Warehousing for metrics of message rates.
* Synchronous and Asynchronous cross-server communication.
Ruby on Rails (RoR)
MacVim, Git, RabbitMQ
Agile Software Development
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Druid.io
MacOS, Linux, Unix
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Harding University - Searcy, Arkansas, USA