- Software Developer2017 - 2017BookClicker (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, ES6, React.js, Webpack, Redis, Nginx, AWS, Stripe API
- Created an online marketplace for Amazon authors to buy and sell email promotions. 2 weeks after its launch the platform had already seen over $10,000 in gross volume of payments.
- Developed, configured, and deployed a Rails 5 application.
- Integrated various external APIs such as Stripe, MailChimp, AWeber, and Amazon's Product Advertising API. This API work included OAuth and OAuth 2 specifications.
- Handled all the DevOps work; configured a Passenger and Nginx server on an AWS Linux Ubuntu box. Redis and Sidekiq were used to manage background jobs. Assets were served through Amazon's CDN CloudFront and site performance was considered heavily.
- Securely stored and encrypted sensitive user data. Followed best practices for web and data security.
- Software Developer2014 - 2017BuildZoom
- Developed with Ruby on Rails, following best practices to write readable, maintainable code.
- Managed MySQL and PostgreSQL databases—building out a data ingestion framework, data modeling, and developing a query optimization to increase the performance of our web application.
- Built APIs for our single-page applications as well as APIs to power our data partnerships.
- Built user interfaces which allowed BuildZoom contractors to manage their current projects, communicate with clients, visualize project histories, and manage photo galleries (with AngularJS and jQuery).
- Developed a matching algorithm involving data normalization, stemming, Levenshtein distances, and stop word filtering which has been at the heart of nearly all of our data partnerships with 3rd parties.
- Wrote performant data-processing scripts in Ruby and Python.
- Configured and debugged Elasticsearch (a full-text search engine) indices to improve user search on the site.
- Implemented Google's machine learning Python module (Scikit-learn) to train a classifier and classify building permit data.
- Physics Research Assistant2013 - 2014Cinvestav
Technologies: Atomic Force Microscopy, Solid-State Nuclear Track Detectors
- Used nuclear-track detectors to measure indoor radon exposure in Mexico City homes and offices.
- Studied different lattice systems of materials using Atomic force microscopy.
- Attended seminars and colloquiums discussing research in solid-state Physics research.
- Conducted independent studies in theoretical solid-state physics.
- Physics Teacher2012 - 2013Green Dot Public Schools
- Helped young minds to gain an intuition for the physics of the world around them through lab activities and hands-on learning.
- Physics Teaching Assistant2010 - 2012Auburn University
Technologies: Fortran, MATLAB
- Gave physics instruction to undergraduate engineering students.
- Assisted students with laboratory assignments.
- Taught as an assistant for 4 different physics courses.