Verified Expert in Engineering
Michael is a senior full-stack developer with a life-long passion for coding. He has over 10 years of professional experience in IT and many open source and hobby projects. Proficient in a wide variety of technologies, Michael specializes in Angular and the Node.js ecosystem and is eager to tackle new challenges.
Linux, Windows, Node.js, C#, Angular, Electron, TypeScript, Functional Programming
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a cross-platform desktop Git GUI called Glint, which I built from the ground up as a side project.
Lead DevOps Engineer
- Developed a React web app to allow users to easily create GitHub repositories from templates with access tokens, build pipelines, and more automatically set up.
- Mentored junior developers in good coding practices.
- Built a custom Terraform provider using Go to allow role permission set up for Azure using an existing API.
Mobeus Industries, INC.
- Worked on an online video meeting application similar to Google Hangouts or Microsoft Teams.
- Developed a feature to allow users to record and save their meetings.
- Worked on an algorithm that processes data from a neural net to detect the position of a user's hands in the video and draws an outline overlay.
Senior Full-stack Developer (Freelance)
- Built a web app to display questionnaires and record answers, including integration with a bespoke CMS.
- Built a SAML IdP to facilitate single-sign-on for an existing website.
- Built a tool to generate sitemaps for an existing website.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Developed the Voice API, which allows clients to send SMS and make phone calls with a RESTful API.
- Built new features and fixed bugs and regressions as part of an Agile team using Jira.
- Designed and oversaw the payments integration for the Voice API, which allows clients to collect payments over the phone. This integration included fulfilling the requirements for Payment Card Industry compliance.
Senior Front-end Developer (Freelance)
- Developed a web-based app for AstraZeneca to estimate the cost of clinical trials, modernizing the existing process and increasing the accuracy of estimates.
- Designed the app's front-end architecture, abstracting away commonly required functionality, reducing code repetition, and allowing the app to be completed quickly.
- Provided estimates for how long features and bug fixes would take to implement.
- Mentored more junior developers with writing code.
- Led the development of a greenfield web app that provides searchable information for the legal sector.
- Introduced a code architecture with AngularJS and TypeScript to the company, which improved build times and was then used as the standard for future projects.
- Developed a content management system (CMS) app with command and query responsibility segregation (CQRS) and event sourcing architecture that allowed multiple users to view and edit data simultaneously.
Junior Full-stack Developer
- Worked on a range of B2B and B2C insurance websites.
- Tracked issues/features using Jira and an agile development process.
- Learned good development practices and how to work in a team.
• The application is an Electron app built with Node.js and Angular with Material UI.
• The authentication server integrates with a Stripe payments API, built with Node.js and Express.js, with a GCP Datastore for the database.
• The marketing website was built with Angular and hosted on the Google Cloud Platform.
• Continuous Integration for everything is set up with GitHub Actions.
Strong Types for Angular Formshttps://github.com/angular/angular/pull/40772
Angular, Electron, Angular Material, Express.js, Jasmine, .NET, Bootstrap, ASP.NET, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Material UI, .NET Core
Node.js, Lodash, RxJS, LINQ, REST APIs, jQuery, GitHub API, Stripe, NgRx, React, AWS Amplify
Git, GitHub, Front-end Build Tools, Visual Studio, Terraform
Test-driven Development (TDD), Web Architecture, Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Functional Programming, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Azure DevOps
Linux, Windows, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Azure
Code Architecture, NGXS, APIs, Async/Await, Front-end Development, Front-end Architecture, Front-end, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Software Architecture, API Integration, Stripe Subscriptions, Quantum Computing, Linear Algebra, Partial Differential Equations, General Relativity, App Design
Google Cloud Datastore, Microsoft SQL Server, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Physics
University of Bristol - Bristol, United Kingdom
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring