Python Developer in Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
Python Developer2018 - 2018Aurteen, Inc.
Technologies: Deep Learning, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Python, Image Processing
- Built a proof-of-concept deep learning-based semantic image segmentation network that will be capable of segmentation of three types of lesions (fluid leakage) in retinal images (medical image from the back of the eye).
Data Scientist2017 - 2018SeatCrawler
- Researched and developed new machine learning algorithms.
- Implemented data crawlers and ETL.
- Developed and improved data science pipelines.
- Established a fault-tolerant multiprocessing workflow.
- Maintained a Python web service (front-end + back-end), improved API integration, and developed new features.
- Developed prediction of ticket prices and ticket sales.
Big Data Analyst2016 - 2017P2 Energy Solutions
- Automated a database migration pipeline from RDS to Redshift.
- Built a new data warehouse to serve analytic operations.
- Designed and implemented SQL scripts for data analysis.
- Maintained and modified Spotfire data visualization pages.
Software Developer2013 - 2017StreamData
Technologies: Keras, TensorFlow, OpenCV, Python, NLTK, PyTorch
- Implemented a detection system and tracking of people on video, to help determine statistics in the supermarket.
- Created software for automatic data processing and visualization of results.
- Created an algorithm for a data science predictive model.
- Developed image analysis algorithms for medical equipment.
- Created neural network architecture and an API for styling images.
Teacher of IT and Computer Science2014 - 2016Novosibirsk State University
Technologies: C, C++, OOP, Git, OpenCV, MATLAB, Python, Image Processing, CUDA
- Created an education methodology. Created lectures for fast understanding of key aspects. Structured programming knowledge.
- Approved communication and presentation skills. Learned to transfer thoughts and ideas to students.
- Got two students for scientific advisory as a result of acceptance of good training methodologies.
- Trained students to be the best at programming, as measured by the results of the final exams.
Junior Researcher2014 - 2015Baker Hughes
Technologies: C, C++, OpenCV, Python, Wolfram Mathematica, MATLAB, Fortran
- Gained experience in fluid dynamics of wells and Monte Carlo methods.
- Created optimization methods for solving the inverse problem (based on the Monte Carlo algorithms).
- Implemented detailed statistical analysis of experimental data of drill bits.
- Created an electromagnetic device model to predict sensor values.
- Implemented 30+ data processing scripts (with full visualization).
Laboratory Research Assistant2009 - 2014Novosibirsk State University, Institute of Thermophysics
- Developed and modified algorithms for particle image velocimetry (PIV) and particle tracking velocimetry (PTV).
- Implemented deep mathematical image processing algorithms.
- Gained experience in analyzing algorithm documentation and using it as instructions for implementation.
- Participated in many conferences, authoring or co-authoring thirteen scientific papers.
- Created utilities and plugins for data processing.
Intern2013 - 2013Schlumberger
Technologies: C++, Python, MATLAB, Wolfram Mathematica, Petrel, D3.js
- Modeled hydraulic fracturing.
- Developed numerical data analysis algorithms.
- Gained experience in computer simulations of physical processes, mathematical modeling, and numerical analysis.
- Implemented visualization and preparation of technical presentations.
- 4th PIV Challenge (Other amazing things)http://www.pivchallenge.org/
I participated in the international scientific competition in data processing for the PIV and PTV algorithms. In the course of this work, I have created, implemented, or improved about twenty algorithms. Technologies used for development were C, C++, Python, OpenCV, OpenMP, machine learning, and MATLAB.
- Home Credit Default Risk (Development)https://www.kaggle.com/c/home-credit-default-risk
554th (top 8% out of 7198) - Home Credit Default Risk Kaggle challenge.
- TGS Salt Identification Challenge (Development)https://www.kaggle.com/c/tgs-salt-identification-challenge
27th place (top 1% out of 3234) in an image and data processing competition.
- PLAsTiCC Astronomical Classification (Development)https://www.kaggle.com/c/PLAsTiCC-2018
52nd place (top 5% out of 1094) in a time series and data processing competition.
- Russian Engineering Competition (Other amazing things)https://www.facebook.com/rusengineers.ru/
I won the Russian Engineering Competition, 2015. Technologies used for development were C, C++, Python, OpenCV, and machine learning.
- N+1 Fish, N+2 Fish Data Science Competition (Other amazing things)https://www.drivendata.org/competitions/48/identify-fish-challenge/
11th place in Video Processing N+1 Fish, N+2 Fish competition (source data - videos).
- Planet: Understanding the Amazon from Space Data Science Competition (Other amazing things)https://www.kaggle.com/c/planet-understanding-the-amazon-from-space
222nd place (top 24%) - Planet: Understanding the Amazon from Space competition (source data - images)
- Toxic Comment Classification Challenge (Other amazing things)https://www.kaggle.com/c/jigsaw-toxic-comment-classification-challenge
406th place (top 9% out of 4551) in a text processing competition.
- Avito Demand Prediction Challenge (Other amazing things)https://www.kaggle.com/c/avito-demand-prediction
131st place (top 7% out of 1917) in a text, image, and data processing competition.
- 2018 Data Science Bowl (Other amazing things)https://www.kaggle.com/c/data-science-bowl-2018
130th place (top 4% out of 3634) in automated nucleus detection.
- Machine Learning Video Analysis: Identifying Fish (Publication)Machine learning, combined with some standard image processing techniques, can result in powerful video analysis tools. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Michael Karchevsky walks through a solution for a machine learning competition that identifies the species and lengths of any fish present in a given video segment.
FrameworksMachine Learning, Scrapy, Flask, .NET
Libraries/APIsPandas, NumPy, SciPy, Keras, Matplotlib, NLTK, Sklearn, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, NetworkX, SQLAlchemy, TensorFlow, Python Imaging Library, D3.js, Instagram API, Beautiful Soup, Java Image Processing, Standard Template Library (STL), OpenMP, DirectX, Node.js
ToolsSeaborn, Gensim, Scikit-image, Git, Plotly, Mathematica, StatsModels, Jupyter, IPython, PyCharm, Microsoft Visual Studio, Tecplot, MATLAB, Subversion (SVN), AWS SES, Google Analytics, WebStorm, IPython Notebook, Adobe Photoshop, TortoiseSVN, Spotfire, Apache, SQLiteManager
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Parallel & Distributed Computing, Concurrent Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Data-driven Programming, Model-driven Development
PlatformsJupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Amazon, Windows, AWS EC2, MacOS, CUDA, Surface
OtherNeural Networks, Deep Learning, Algorithms, Analytics, Image Processing, Data Analysis, Computer Vision, Mathematics, Scientific Computing, Bokeh, Tesseract, Physics Simulation, Debugging, Statistics, Data Structures, Numerical Methods, Network Programming, Problem Solving, Machine Learning Algorithms, 3D Image Processing, Patterns
StoragePostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, JSON, SQLite, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Masters's degree in Data Analysis2015 - 2017Yandex School of Data Analysis - Moscow
- Postgraduate degree in Physical and Technical Information Technology2014 - 2016Novosibirsk State University - Novosibirsk
- Master's degree in Automation of Physical and Technical Research2012 - 2014Novosibirsk State University - Novosibirsk
- Bachelor of Science degree in Automation of Physical and Technical Research2008 - 2012Novosibirsk State University - Novosibirsk