Data Analytics Engineer2015 - PRESENTFreelance/Self-employed
Technologies: ETL, PL/SQL, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Pipelines, Performance Analysis, Oracle RDBMS, Dashboard Design, Business Process Analysis, Agile, Scrum, Data Warehouse Design, Data Engineering, Data Vaults, Netezza
- Developed a data warehouse using metadata-driven data vault code automation.
- Analyzed requirements for a new corporate dashboard, analyzed data, and created a solution design.
- Developed a data pipeline for the monitoring of machine logs to detect possible bugs after software upgrades.
- Analyzed and tuned several performance issues bringing query runtimes back from minutes to milliseconds.
- Developed a point-in-time detection of non-conformances of machine constants.
Owner (Co-founder) and Solutions Architect2013 - 2015BiiT Sourcing Solutions
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Analytics, Data Analysis, Data, Drools BRMS, Activiti BPM, Agile, Business Process Modeling, SWOT Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Kanban, Scrum
- Led a team of application developers for the development and implementation of several cloud-based applications.
- Organized work in such a manner that goals and deadlines are met while making sure that the technical solution supports the business objectives.
- Designed solutions for our clients on numerous projects, using both existing and proven open-source software, components, and frameworks and our own products to deliver custom cloud-based solutions.
- Enabled digital transformation of organizations through process optimization and real-time information access to deliver the right information to the right person at the right time.
Application Engineer/Architect2010 - 2013Freelance/Self-employed
Technologies: Data Architecture, Data Lakes, Data Analysis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, Analytics, Big Data Architecture, Big Data, Activiti BPM, Drools BRMS, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, Hadoop
- Implemented proof of technology for IoT beacon processing for indoor positioning to deliver smart shopping presentations.
- Developed a real-time search and analytics platform for metal traders and metal exchanges based on Apache Solr.
- Designed and developed an open-source enterprise information access platform, based on Hadoop (distributed file system and processing), Apache Solr (search engine), and Apache Mahout (machine learning/predictive analytics).
- Built a back-end rule engine for individual training schedule creation.
- Created web-based applications for registering, visualizing, and analyzing individual athlete and team progress for performance and recovery logs and test results.
Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Consultant2002 - 2010Scamander Solutions
Technologies: Data Architecture, PL/SQL, Databases, Analytics, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI), Data, Data Modeling, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, D3.js, Tableau, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle BI, Talend, Oracle RDBMS
- Developed a data warehouse for patients, medical cases, transfers, diagnoses, and observations for multiple hospitals.
- Created a data warehouse for alerts/violations derived from city control.
- Designed and developed several semantic layers for end-user presentations for both analytical and operational reporting purposes.
- Built dashboards, custom visualization widgets, and both analytical and operational reports for finance, sales, marketing, HR, healthcare, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Developed a set of triggers and PL/SQL packages for the prediction and calculation of forecast figures for the maintenance of escalators on a big international airport.
- Led a project to implement a data warehouse solution for a big telco provider and the interfacing of product and invoice data to the customer web portal.
Oracle Consultant1998 - 2002Getronics Software Solutions
Technologies: Databases, PL/SQL, Performance Analysis, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Oracle RDBMS
- Developed customizations and gave third-line technical support on an Oracle Manufacturing environment.
- Analyzed, designed, and developed a custom Oracle system for mailing and registration to support a high output of forms.
- Developed and gave support on a custom Oracle system for order management.