Michaël Moo Penn
Verified Expert in Engineering
Michaël is a software architect with 14 years of experience on more than 20 projects in major accounts. As a technical architect, he led multiple key projects with numerous teams in cloud and DevSecOps environments. He enjoys advocating for best practices and presenting and popularizing technical architectures to business stakeholders and architecture committees. Michaël is enthusiastic about new technologies with hands-on capabilities.
The most amazing...
...thing I've done as the lead architect is implementing two new cloud and DevOps-oriented business process management platforms in two central Canadian banks.
BPM Practice Lead
National Bank of Canada
- Acted as the lead architect to implement a new business process management platform (Camunda) with AWS EKS in the DevSecOps environment.
- Advocated best practices in the architecture committees.
- Managed multiple development teams to implement enablers and business projects.
- Held presentations to the business stakeholders and architecture committees.
- Acted as the technical lead of business project development.
- Conducted design and code reviews for several projects.
- Implemented the first components of the Camunda Platform Foundation.
- Led the RFP process to choose the new business process management software for Desjardins. Some candidates included Red Hat Process Automation Manager, Camunda, Alfresco Activiti, IBM BPM Cloud, and Appian.
- Acted as the technical lead to design the platform architecture in a PaaS environment (Pivotal CF).
- Advocated the business process management for the business line and held presentations to business stakeholders.
- Created the business project enrollment strategy and followed the Agile methodology for development.
- Led development, mentored a team of six developers, and reviewed the business project's design.
- Implemented the SSO integration for the Camunda Foundation.
- Designed sets of rules with MVEL language processed by Drools.
- Started the development of an Angular console that enables the managed rules deployment.
- Developed an Excel extractor that allows data extraction into a PostgresSQL database.
- Designed the platform architecture to be highly available, scalable, and with zero downtime multisite.
- Automated the platform installation with Apache Ant.
- Led the installation of the development, QA, and production environment.
- Designed and implemented the alert and backup strategy.
Java Technical Lead
- Acted as the technical lead, mentored a team of three developers, and worked on requests for information.
- Designed a case management solution based on Alfresco, jBPM, and Drools.
- Performed full-stack development of the solution's main components, including the event processing component, business process management engine, ECM integration, and user interface.
Senior TIBCO Developer
- Developed an audit rules engine application based on TIBCO BusinessEvents.
- Reimplemented the rules engine application by using the inference engine.
- Conducted production installation and provided post-production support.
Java Technical Lead
Government of France
- Designed the Java REST API to access the Mondéca database.
- Accessed the Mondéca database by implementing the Java REST API.
- Implemented the search engine platform based on Apache Lucene.
TIBCO Expert Lead
Le Crédit lyonnais
- Audited the TIBCO BusinessWorks applications and provided best practices recommendations.
- Designed and implemented the Java EAI automatic steps.
- Edited the inference engine application—TIBCO BusinessEvents—to dispatch the back-office tasks more granularly.
- Implemented proof of concept to have a standard notification tool.
Senior Java Developer
- Designed the Entrée En Relation (EER) workflow, the first business process management workflow in the company.
- Implemented a generic Java SOAP API to work with the business process management engine, as the SOAP API was promoted and used in several projects.
- Wrote all the installation and support documentation and acted as the first contact for post-production support.
- Designed the Java SOAP API to work with the business process management and ECM engine of FileNet.
- Implemented the Java SOAP API for the FileNet's business process management and ECM engine.
- Supported production and post-production as the first contact.
- Resolved several bugs on the front and back-end applications.
- Implemented several upgrades on the back-end application.
- Played a key role in upgrading the front-end application.
Crédit Foncier de France
- Implemented the extract, transform, load (ETL) procedure with Spring Batch.
- Contributed to the existing web application by implementing several forms with Struts.
- Used Acegi (Spring Security) to implement the web application's user authorization system.
I was the lead architect for the design and supervised the platform's implementation.
Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Apache Spark, Angular, Spring Security, OAuth 2, jBPM, CXF, Apache Struts 2, Apache CXF, Spring Batch, Apache Struts, Swagger
Camunda BPM, Helm, Apache Maven, Concourse CI, JBoss Drools, Apache Tomcat, Amazon EKS, Terraform, Jenkins, Vault, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Spotfire, IBM BPM, Alfresco, TIBCO BusinessEvents, Aegisub, Dozer, IBM Filenet, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Unix, MacOS, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Oracle, WebSphere, AWS Lambda, Linux
Software Architecture, Software Development, RESTful Services, CI/CD Pipelines, TIBCO Spotfire, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Coding, TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid, TIBCO BusinessWorks, Microsoft Azure, Xfire, TIBCO, SecOps, Amazon RDS, Security
Apache Lucene, REST APIs, OpenAPI
Azure Active Directory, PostgreSQL, Azure SQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
École Supérieure de Génie Informatique (ESGI) - Paris, France
Certification de Sécurité Appliquée Niv. 1
Secure Code Warrior
Big Data Analysis with Scala and Spark
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne | via Coursera
Scaled Agile, Inc
IBM Certified BPM Application Developer V8.0
TIBCO Spotfire Author
Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring