CTO2018 - PRESENTEvents Local
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Amazon Web Services
- Took an initial, rough MVP of a product, built it up into a usable product, and brought it to market.
- Developed a React/Redux-based single-page application front-end and a Ruby on Rails 5 API.
- Built two stand-alone React services, hosted serverless on AWS S3, utilizing CloudFront and [email protected]
- Worked with customer requirements and requests to deliver a solution that works for their individual use case.
- Led the technical and architecture roadmap.
- Took part in hiring and staffing decisions and led the engineering department.
Software Development Engineer II (SDE II), Analytics2018 - 2019PagerDuty
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Elixir, Phoenix, Amazon Web Services
- Created the initial version of operational reviews analytics reports for customers.
- Developed a new Elixir/Phoenix-based application for handling review generation.
- Integrated AWS S3 using AWS SDK.
- Met with third-party vendors to evaluate dashboard solutions.
- Architected and developed the initial data pipeline for analytics.
Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018TeamSnap
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Elixir, Phoenix
- Built out and maintained a back-end API in Ruby on Rails for a large-scale group organization platform.
- Rearchitected the user invitation and onboarding flow and experience.
- Implemented the back-end API endpoints for team stores that were selling merchandise.
- Optimized the pricing page using A/B tests to determine which variant performed best.
- Wrote extensive tests to ensure that the API platform remains robust and well-tested.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2016 - 2017Decisiv
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Built out new features in Ruby on Rails for a fleet service management system.
- Developed several features from start to finish in Ruby on Rails and AngularJS 1.x.
- Implemented both unit tests and integration tests to ensure the robustness of the system.
- Led a small team to pull out pieces of a monolithic Rails app into microservices.
- Led and managed a small team in the development and long-term maintenance of several services.
Engineer2008 - 2016CUBRC | Avarint
Technologies: C++, Ruby on Rails
- Made significant contributions to a C++ app for the DoD, mostly involved in creating new features and building out new interfaces.
- Led a team of four developers handling everything from requirements definition to design, implementation, testing, and integration with a key customer.
- Integrated the core application with several external third-party applications and hardware using various protocols such as DIS and TENA.
- Created high-quality user interfaces and GUIs for the primary desktop application.
- Traveled onsite to customer locations to ensure successful integrations and installations.