CTO2021 - PRESENTAppella
- Developed an MVP from a set of designs in Figma to bring an initial product version to pre-launch, which was used for demoing to prospective clients and collecting feedback.
- Iterated on the product using feedback from early-stage demos, including pivoting the product to a moderately different focus than originally planned.
- Chose the technologies, programming languages, and code architecture to make it scalable, reliable, and fast.
CTO | Co-founder2018 - 2021Events Local
- Took an initial, rough MVP of a product, built it up into a usable product, and brought it to market.
- Developed a React/Redux-based single page application front end and a Ruby on Rails 5 API.
- Built two stand-alone React services, hosted serverless on AWS S3, utilizing CloudFront and Lambda@Edge.
- Worked with customer requirements and requests to deliver a solution that works for their individual use case.
- Led the technical and architecture roadmap, deciding on the technology stack, languages, and tooling.
- Participated in hiring and staffing decisions and led the engineering department.
Software Development Engineer II (SDE II), Analytics2018 - 2019PagerDuty
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Phoenix, Elixir, Redux, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created the initial version of operational reviews analytics reports for customers.
- Developed a new Elixir/Phoenix-based application for handling review generation.
- Integrated AWS S3 using AWS SDK.
- Met with third-party vendors to evaluate dashboard solutions.
- Architected and developed the initial data pipeline for analytics.
Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018TeamSnap
Technologies: Phoenix, Elixir, Redux, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built out and maintained a back-end API in Ruby on Rails for a large-scale group organization platform.
- Rearchitected the user invitation and onboarding flow and experience.
- Implemented the back-end API endpoints for team stores that were selling merchandise.
- Optimized the pricing page using A/B tests to determine which variant performed best.
- Wrote extensive tests to ensure that the API platform remains robust and well-tested.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2016 - 2017Decisiv
Technologies: AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Angular
- Built out new features in Ruby on Rails for a fleet service management system.
- Developed several features from start to finish in Ruby on Rails and AngularJS 1.x.
- Implemented both unit tests and integration tests to ensure the robustness of the system.
- Led a small team to pull out pieces of a monolithic Rails app into microservices.
- Led and managed a small team in the development and long-term maintenance of several services.
Engineer2008 - 2016CUBRC | Avarint
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, C++
- Made significant contributions to a C++ app for the DoD, mostly involved in creating new features and building out new interfaces.
- Led a team of four developers handling everything from requirements definition to design, implementation, testing, and integration with a key customer.
- Integrated the core application with several external third-party applications and hardware using various protocols such as DIS and TENA.
- Created high-quality user interfaces and GUIs for the primary desktop application.
- Traveled onsite to customer locations to ensure successful integrations and installations.