Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - PRESENTTeamSnap
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React.js, Redux, Elixir, Phoenix
- Built out and maintained a back-end API in Ruby on Rails for a large-scale group organization platform.
- Rearchitected the user invitation and onboarding flow and experience.
- Implemented the back-end API endpoints for team stores that were selling merchandise.
- Optimized the pricing page using A/B tests to determine which variant performed best.
- Wrote extensive tests to ensure that the API platform remains robust and well-tested.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2016 - 2017Decisiv
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Built out new features in Ruby on Rails for a fleet service management system.
- Developed several features from start to finish in Ruby on Rails and AngularJS 1.x.
- Implemented both unit tests and integration tests to ensure the robustness of the system.
- Led a small team to pull out pieces of a monolithic Rails app into microservices.
- Led a small team in managing the development and long-term maintenance of several services.
Engineer2008 - 2016CUBRC | Avarint
Technologies: C++, Ruby on Rails
- Made significant contributions to a C++ app for the DoD, mostly involved in creating new features and building out new interfaces.
- Led a team of four developers handling everything from requirements definition to design, implementation, testing, and integration with a key customer.
- Integrated the core application with several external third party applications and hardware using various protocols such as DIS and TENA.
- Created high-quality user interfaces and GUIs for the primary desktop application.
- Traveled onsite to customer locations to ensure successful integrations and installations.
- Heroic Social (Development)
Heroic Social is a social media management application built with Ruby on Rails and AngularJS 1.x. It runs as a single-page application and integrates with a number of social media APIs.
It contains features for publishing posts to social media, including hashtag analysis, image manipulation, auto-posting from RSS feeds, recurring posts, and more.
It also supports a full set of Twitter-specific management and growth features from basic following/unfollowing to advanced filters and automation tools.
- Smart Gift List (Development)http://smartgiftlist.com
Smart Gift List is an application written in Ruby on Rails for creating, sharing, and interacting with gift lists. Lists can be shared with family and friends who can reserve and purchase gifts on others' lists without the list owner knowing. The application integrates with Amazon's Products API to search for products and add them to a gift list.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 4, Redux, Qt, Phoenix
Libraries/APIsRuby on Rails API, Twitter API, React, jQuery, Facebook API, Redux Form
ToolsGit, Emacs, GitHub
ParadigmsAgile, Functional Programming
- Master's degree in Computer Science2010 - 2012University at Buffalo - Buffalo, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics2004 - 2008Franciscan University of Steubenville - Steubenville, OH, USA