Full-stack Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTMoneyhub Financial Technology Ltd
Technologies: Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Services, Back-end
- Implemented tools to showcase the financial capabilities of the app for the sales team, which requires a deep understanding of the platform, tools, technologies, and work across all the codebase.
- Implemented live preview systems, contributing to better UX and adding technical improvements to the notifications.
- Contributed to new customization features to accommodate clients' needs without complicating the codebase or branching the product development.
Head of Technology2019 - 2021Tech City Ventures
- Led the development of projects for clients such as Bosch, CPC Connected Places Catapult, the Mayor of London, and GLAs Greater London Authorities across all 13 London boroughs and for cities like Washington, New York, Berlin, Nairobi, and Johannesburg.
- Developed modular solutions for technology ecosystem platforms such as https://tech.london in the US/EU area, making the product easily internationally scalable within days.
- Adopted efficient technical decisions and communicated with clients on a technical level, alongside the company management team.
- Conducted research alongside two university professors and AI experts for a data science product. Developed a robust infrastructure and architecture for the product to be pitched to government officials and junior data scientists.
Undegraduate Researcher2020 - 2020Royal Holloway University of London
Technologies: Python, Pygame, PyTorch, NumPy, Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Variational Autoencoders, Convolutional Neural Networks, Calculus, Linear Algebra, APIs, Back-end
- Delivered a research paper titled "Disentangled Representation Learning." (https://docs.google.com/document/d/18rSndK8WJP4bL89ljXtP3_EkUds-x8RN6tFLRSZ5kxo).
- Researched representation learning using autoencoders and variational autoencoders. The course prerequisites were familiarity with neural networks, convolutional neural networks, calculus.
- Achieved the disentanglement by using the latest research on variational autoencoders by Ilyes Khemakhem, Diederik P. Kingma, Ricardo Pio Monti, and Aapo Hyvärinen. (https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.04809).
Software Engineer2018 - 2019Bytex
- Engaged corporate clients such as CISCO, VMware, and a startup from Portugal, mostly on front-end development.
- Led the development of a BI tool for Professional Medical Services https://p-m-s.com in the US to help them track and recover money from insurance companies and automate cumbersome bureaucratic and manual processes.
- Developed the core "commit" system, similar to how Git works, ensuring rigorous automated testing and maintenance, as well as CI/CD.
- Led code reviews and managed a team of five great, outsourced engineers and reported directly to the executive director of operations.