Startup Consultant | Contract Engineer2006 - PRESENTRoth Technologies, LLC
Technologies: Startup Consulting, Application and Organization Scale, Contract Engineering
- Created a custom vendor system on the Laravel framework for small businesses. The application integrates with Square Point of Sale and provides reporting, notifications, and analytics tools to streamline business operations.
- Conducted fractional CTO work for various tech startups in multiple industries including data science, blockchain, and creative agencies.
- Worked on a contract basis on application and infrastructure development for over a hundred websites and applications.
Co-founder | CTO2017 - 2018Radar
Technologies: Management, Ethereum, Node.js, Kubernetes, GCP
- Architect, built, and scaled the company's applications and infrastructure.
- Fostered and scaled the company's engineering team.
- Managed the company's technical partnerships and stakeholders.
- Informed company strategic positioning and internal processes.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016MorrisCore
- Built an internal analytics dashboard on a custom built OOP PHP framework. The dashboard integrates with a number of APIs including: Aha!, Infusionsoft, Jira, Google AdWords, Stripe, Zendesk, and Trello.
- Created a WordPress plugin application with a full REST API. The plugin connects internal APIs with a marketing website in order to display recursive nested relationships of application features and help articles. The plugin UI was built using Vue.js and WordPress design aesthetics in SCSS.
- Designed a custom WordPress theme and plugin for a survey application that provides users with an on-the-fly PDF result of their survey.
Founding Member | Technical Lead2012 - 2015Highbridge Creative, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, Expression Engine, Laravel, Node.js, PhoneGap, Backbone.js, Angular, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rackspace
- Played a vital role as a founding member in a startup agency laying the groundwork for future development processes including a flexible Scrum methodology as well as creating all of the development standards and system environments.
- Led a team of more than five software developers and contractors for two consecutive years.
- Built a scalable enterprise-level application on AWS, CodeIgniter, and Expression Engine for Chive Charities; a non-profit organization that performed "flash" donation campaigns. The campaigns were capable of raising 6 figures in donations within a couple of hours.
- Created a custom rewards application with a RESTful API for Intercontinental Montreal utilizing Backbone and ExpressionEngine.
- Helped build an interactive brewery website with a location map that was able to query and cluster thousands of locations in milliseconds utilizing Apache Solr/Lucene. The website also featured a social feed for Instagram and Twitter that continuously aggregated and displayed the companies social media tags and content.
Software Test Engineer Intern2009 - 2011Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.
Technologies: Java, SQL, Oracle, GWT, JBoss, SVN
- Wrote extensive JUnit/Selenium tests for an aviation software application that provided a Query platform for NOTAMs.
- Assisted as a junior software engineer intern primarily working with SQL and Google Web Toolkit.
- Collaborated with senior engineers to determine testing scenarios that would ensure an extreme level of confidence, accuracy, and security in the systems.
- Worked to establish automated unit, integration, acceptance, and regression tests that integrated with the development platform (continuous integration) to enforce quality assurance.