Full-stack Engineer/Tech Lead2022 - PRESENTMarket Cal
- Worked on front end, I implemented a fully-responsive single-page application (SPA) with React using components from MUI and styled components. For state management, I used Redux and implemented a persisted store.
- Worked on the back end, taking advantage of Next.js support for server-side rendering (SSR) for SEO optimization. Designed an API back end that implements all the microservices required by the project.
- Implemented an authentication system using Auth0 and added custom claims and actions for the client's specific needs. I also created an additional machine-to-machine provider with our server to execute Auth0 authenticated actions automatically.
- Integrated a payment system using Stripe for the subscription services offered by the client.
- Created the infrastructure for deployment on Vercel using Next.js along with an integration with GitHub for continuous integration (CI) with development, preview, and production environments seamlessly updating from different Git branches.
- Designed and deployed data aggregation services using Python running on a serverless Vercel entity and integrated and used GitHub Actions to trigger scheduled scripts automatically.
- Facilitated an integration with Airtable both to read and modify data from service, which seamlessly manifests on the site using a collection of microservices written for the integration.
- Wrote QA testing procedures for end-to-end behavior and unit testing using Cypress.
- Set up a collaborative work environment with Jira, Confluence, and Slack to accommodate a streamlined experience for larger teams as the company grows.
Research Scientist2018 - PRESENTNew York University
- Generated controlled pseudo-randomized stimuli for psychology and neuroscience experiments systematically.
- Developed an npm-based software package for musical analysis used for academic research. Published an article about it in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Developed a framework for denoising and analyzing brain-data recordings procured using a MEG machine.
Sr. React Front-End developer for a Startup Company2023 - 2023Paperplane Inc.
Technologies: Tailwind CSS, Redux-Saga, TypeScript, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Developed a modern react frontend with fully typed TypeScript.
- Architectured backend logic and routes for seamless integration with a postgres db instance.
- Managed a wide range of services and tools via Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Data Scientist2019 - 2022New York University
- Executed advanced analysis using machine learning and statistical models, including using NLP techniques where appropriate.
- Created well-controlled datasets of behavioral data from human subjects.
- Produced print-ready detailed data visualization and plots using matplotlib and Seaborn.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2022New York University
- Created a web environment comprising MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React, Node.js) to deploy online psychology experiments.
- Optimized the web environment for accuracy in its statistical aggregation of the user interaction timing and positioning to a scientific standard across many platforms and devices.
- Integrated with Sona Systems, a comprehensive research platform for universities.
- Designed complex user interactions with D3.js for graphics and animations and the Web Audio API for in-browser live sound processing.
CTO2015 - 2018Becomics
- Founded a web-comic publishing platform that became the home for millions of comics by independent creators.
- Managed its hosting and deployment on AWS using IAM, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and other services.
- Oversaw a team and led the app's growth from inception to having 17 million comic strips by independent authors.
- Architectured a scalable platform from A to Z from back end with Node.js and Express within AWS, data structure using MongoDB and Mongo Atlas, storage management with S3 buckets and CDNs, to the front end with React, Vue, D3, Snap.svg, and Raphael.
- Implemented industry-standard authentication methods using OAuth2, SSH, and JWTs.